Position – MECHANICAL ENGINEERS
Emerson Export Engineering Centre
Exp. – 2 to 7 year(s) of Experience
Location – Pune
Salary – INR 50,000 – 1,50,000 PA.
- Job Title: Title this job reports to Business Unit:Date: Engineer – MechanicalFunctional Lead -Mechanical Flow Systems & Services10 January 2020SUMMARY OF ROLE
- Responsible for Mechanical Design and Engineering of Metrology and Blending & Transfer systems. Ensure design is in accordance with internal guidelines and customer specifications. Coordinate with E&I and Quality functional teams for equalization of interrelated work. Good knowledge of National / International standards and good engineering practices. Assists Senior Mechanical / Lead Mechanical Engineer for project tasks. Shall drive the project with respect to quality and productivity. Provide direction and guidance to Mechanical Designer for preparation of drawings and documents.
Factor I: Accountability
- Review of Customer specifications / inputs and identify scope
- Follow the departmental and PMO Processes
- Generate Project documents and Drawings
- Engineering Design, freeze of project basic design (Finalize P&ID, Mechanical equipment, General Arrangement Drawing and bills of materials)
- Customer Engagement which includes customer KOM, Customer Queries, resolving deviation to specifications
- Ensure Quality of the project documentation
- Prepare Enquiry Datasheet / Material Requisition (MR) for Long Lead Mechanical items.
- Sub Vendor offer review and Sub Vendor drawings/documents review
- Sub-vendor handling (follow up, design review meetings, escalations)
- Responsible for maintaining Quality records
- Monitor Mechanical work progress on project
- Perform Pre-FAT and FAT with Customer
- As Build Documentation and handover to Services
- Perform Pressure drop / Head Loss calculation, Pipe wall thickness calculation, Lifting Lug calculation, etc.
- Provide Engineering technical support to E&I, Quality, Purchasing and Project Managers
- Report project status updates, variations in scope to the Project Manager
- Participate in internal and external audits and kick off meeting whenever required
Factor II: Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-8 years of experience in the field of Piping, Oil and Gas, Process Industry.
- Good knowledge of Oil & Gas Industry Equipment, Instruments, Piping, and structural work
- Good knowledge in the application of various types of meters for gas and liquids measurement, good working knowledge of ASME, ANSI, API, API MPMS, ISO & other industry standards related to Oil and Gas measurement services.
- Familiar with Piping & Structural Welding and Non-destructive testing.
- Excellent analytical skills and results-oriented
- Good Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good drawing skills in AutoCAD / MicroStation
- Conversant with Microsoft Office
- Decisive, drive, and ability to deliver effective and innovative solutions
- Piping and Structural stress analysis experience would be an added advantage.
Factor III: Supervision
- Liaise with project Mechanical Designer.
- Mechanical Engineer shall supervise own and Designer work, control it with respect to Quality and productivity
- Focused on the project deliverable, ordering and issues/concerns, and results
- Provide idea/suggestions to improve on budgets and cost
- Flexibility to work, to meet deadlines
- Flexible to adapt to the changes in project
- Flexible to adapt multi-tasking and switching between the project
- Attend FAT and handle customer during FAT
- Flexible to travel on-site for SAT and Pre-Inspections
Desired Candidate Profile
Education- B.Tech/B.E. – Mechanical