Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – Hill International Inc.
Location – Faridabad, Haryana, IN
Hill International, with more than 2,700 professionals in 70 offices worldwide, provides program management, project management, construction management, and other consulting services to clients in a variety of market sectors. Hill has participated in over 10,000 project assignments with a total construction value of more than $600 billion. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked Hill as the eighth-largest construction management firm in the United States. For more information on Hill, please visit our website at www.hillintl.com.
- Review of vendor design/drawings/documents & approval for inspection, installation and commissioning.
- Engineering, coordination with associated disciplines like process, piping, instrumentation, electrical, civil structure for various equipment & packages and the client to Manages project, engineering & site issues and schedules.
- Prepare detailed calculations, drawings, technical specifications, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal writing, technical reports, assist with cost estimates, detailed analyses and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes.
- Development of mechanical design concepts with architects, engineers, and owners, HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, compressed air, speciality exhaust, and building automation systems.
- Ensure design conforms with all applicable codes and client standards.
- Provide technical & operational leadership and Supports the Lead Engineer in the engineering and management functions required to complete the project.
- Work with technicians and engineers developing and testing equipment & systems and shall Supervises and direct a team of engineers, designers and support personnel.
- Assist with Mechanical system commissioning and attend site construction inspections.
- Provide valuable leadership to junior staff while supporting them with skills development.
- Analyze complex engineering problems and offer effective resolutions.
- Familiar with International Mechanical code, Plumbing code Building Code, and NFPA codes and standards, Familiar with ASHRAE Standards and Industrial Ventilation guidelines,
- Assist the construction team by responding to RFI’s during construction, reviewing and approving of drawings…
- Travel to the construction sites to conduct inspections and prepare report
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Suitable candidates shall be minimum 5 years’s previous experience in infrastructural Projects consisting of Commercial/institutional building complexes. Design, Detail Engineering & construction of infrastructural Project consisting of Commercial/institutional building complex, EPC work experience is desirable.
- Highly proficient computer skills including using applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience with AutoCAD, BIM, and REVIT would be considered an advantage.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and complete tasks to meet deadlines & shall be able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Fundamental understanding of Procurement, Design and Detail Engineering, construction, installation & commissioning practices
- Fundamental understanding of Environmental & Statutory Regulations and protocols.
- HVAC ( high side & low side) Heat load calculations, Duct sizing & pressure drop calculations, chilled water piping sizing & pressure drop calculations, schematic diagrams & review HVAC drawings, equipment selection & air distribution, chilled water piping, Plumbing and Firefighting experience is a must.
- Shall be conversant & have a good knowledge of project-specific equipment & its selection, design verification, calculation & checking for sizing, characteristic curves for a selection of the Building Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) services & other building associated system & support equipment.
Hill International is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Note:This job description is intended to provide an indication of the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions to be carried out as part of fulfilling the role mentioned in the job title. Various other duties as required.