Position – Project Engineer- Mechanical Design – PTBA
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
The main responsibility of the Project Engineer in Mechanical Design Competence in APE-MD-Asia, US Team is to manage the Design and Development projects independently in order to ensure the timely delivery of the high quality designs and drawings in the field of Compressors, generators and light towers manufactured at different divisions of Atlas Copco around the world.
In the job of Project Engineer, you will be working at the Global Engineering Centre of Atlas Copco in the Mechanical Design Team.
You will be responsible:
- To manage and lead the Design and Development projects assigned to you completely and independently
- To work on execution, finalizing and checking the output drawings / layout along with the design engineers on the project.
- To ensure and prepare design of the parts as per the scope of the project.
- Produce and check the 3D assembly and 2D drawings.
- To take the ownership of the projects till the delivery for the assigned Product company.
- Conduct quality reviews of self and team’s output to achieve adherence to defined quality standards
You will handle Projects for design and development, interact with project leaders and customers, and present & discuss the proposed designs, carry out design reviews.
To understand the build-up of the assemblies, you will have continuous interaction with different Engineering Departments of Atlas Copco group companies and will have the communication with the customers at Product company locations.
You will estimate the assigned jobs, work on different CAD packages and deliver high quality job in specified time frame. You will be responsible to follow design codes, work instructions & check lists on the tasks handled and carry out the cad checking. It will be your challenge to further develop & expand the scope of activities while working as a good team member.
You will report to the Senior Project leader.
What you can expect from us?
Atlas Copco culture which is home of industrial ideas.
Challenging tasks to work on NPD projects and you will get opportunities to work with PC cross funtional teams.
Furter inter company growth opportunities.
What we expect of you?
Educational requirements/Experience requirements
BE / B Tech in Mechanical Engineering with minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in the compressor industry or similar products.
- Knowledge of Design Application skills, proven experience in mechanical design & drafting.
- Design of packaging for compressor would be an added advantage.
- Design of oil free portable compressor would be an added an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Sheetmetal, Piping design, heavy fabrication is mandatory
- Knowledge of Cad software’s inventor, Creo and PLM packages like Vault, Windchill.
- Knowledge of Portable Air compressors.
- Knowledge of Generators and Pumps would be an asset
- Dynamic & flexible
- Customer centric attitude
- Self-driven – able to work independently
- Strong technical acumen and application knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication
- You are very much result oriented and like to get things done with minimal supervision.
City – Pune
Start Date: 01/07/2021
Expiry Date: 15/07/2021
Start a journey of endless opportunities
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology and great ideas enable us to innovate for the future.
We believe that passionate people make it happen. You are a brand ambassador and our face towards our customers. With us you drive your own professional journey and you are empowered to act.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.