Position – Engineer/Sr. Engineer – Pre-Production Operations (PPO) – Materials Management
Company – General Motors
Location – Bangalore Urban, Karnataka, IN
PPO Material Management Engineer works on multiple projects in a year and helps launch multiple vehicle programs that add to the top line of the organization.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities are:
- Support successfully building the Mule & IV properties utilizing the standard Global Processes
- Ordering of parts in the Engineering Material System (EMS) with relevant details as per defined timeline
- Collaborate with GM Suppliers and ensure commitment dates are obtained from the
- suppliers & the parts are delivered to the required destinations as per Material Required Date (MRD)
- Escalate issues in a timely manner for problem solving & issue resolution
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for all the customer issues reported & develop
- appropriate corrective and preventive actions
- Follow Continuous Improvements and Standardized Processes for all areas of work
- Perform material pull activity to generate tickets for shipping the material to the desired station location
Additional Job Description
Location: GM Technical Centre – Bangalore
Workdays / Office Timing: 5 days (Mon to Friday) / Second Shift (3:30 PM to 12:00 AM)
Education Qualification and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Production / Industrial / Automobile) with 1-3 years experience
- Basic Manufacturing Process and Concept
- Supply Chain Management
- Manufacturing processes and Warehouse operations
- Automotive production & real time production problem / resolution
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Strong Communication skills – Oral and Written
- Analytical and reasoning skills & Learning and Problem-Solving skills
- Ability to Standardize and organize processes
- Building and fostering relationships
- Good Computer skills and proficiency in MS Office software
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteeropportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.