Position – Associate Mechanical Design & Analysis Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing India Engineering is currently looking for Associate Mechanical Design & Analysis Engineerto join their team in Bangalore, Karnataka. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA), Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) and Boeing Global Services (BGS) business organizations.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration and shall work with the Engineering Manager, Project lead & Aerospace Mechanical Design and Systems expert to develop or optimize the designs, engineering process, analyze the supplier quality issues, support the development of cutting-edge technologies and digital initiatives.
- This position will be responsible to support the Design of Actuation , Mech-Hyd System/components, Requirement analysis , Development assurance activities of Mechanical systems.
- This position will be responsible to support mechanical design and analysis of wide range of mechanical structures, systems and other Aircraft /Aerospace components.
- This position will be responsible for coordinating and communicating regularly with team members in Boeing organizations and shall provide periodic update on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents.
- In this role, the Engineer will work independently or with minimum supervision to come up with conceptual and detailed designs based on the requirements. And Pro-actively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- This position will participate and support initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, customer engagement etc.
- This position will be located in Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center, Bangalore, India.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Aeronautical or equivalent disciplines.
- 1-5 Years of relevant Work experience.
- Material properties, awareness of Industry standards Aircraft requirements, Design and certification.
- Knowledge of aircraft system requirements (Tier 1, 2, 3) along with knowledge of DOORS.
- Experience of design and development as part of New Product development process, redesigns and Inservice design investigations.
- Experience in Aircraft system requirements validation and verification, product /system design and development process, structural design, mechanical design, mechanical systems, Hydraulic and pneumatic and ECS systems,
- Experience in aerospace material selection, drawing (Drawing based or MBD creation), processes (finishing and heat treatment) specifications, perform analyses like tolerance stack up, FRACAS, engineering or product quality investigation analyses.
- Experience of independently developing designs using CAD Tools (CATIA, Creo, Unigraphics /NX) for Modeling, Drafting & Model Based Definition is essential.
- Able to perform independently or with limited guidance from SME or tech fellow.
- Perform with positive attitude and highest ethics.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Working knowledge of MATLAB, Simulink and Simscape and other equivalent physical modeling software is required.
- Knowledge of basics of stress analysis and Aerospace requirements at system and LRU level.
- Basic understanding of aircraft certification processes and lifecycle.
- Experience in assigning GD&T and ability to understand the develop rationale for supplier designs and change proposals.
- Able to generate cost-out ideas, value engineering proposals.
- Experience in Model Based Engineering using tools like 3DX etc.,
- Experience on use of PDM/PLM tools such as ENOVIA or Team Center.
- Knowledge of Data analytics and awareness of programming languages like Python etc.,
- Able to verify accuracy of technical and non-technical data. Gathers relevant data for root cause analysis and produces changes to resolve the discrepancies in design packages.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 1 to 5 years’ related work experience or (e.g. Master) with 1-4 Years of Work Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.