Position – Entry Level Manufacturing Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing India Engineering and Technology Centre is currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team in Chennai, India. As an Entry Level Manufacturing Engineer, you will be part of a global team working on providing ME solutions to a wide range of Boeing products and services across the world.
A successful candidate in this role is expected to assist in the preparation of build plan artifacts, authoring assembly work instructions and managing manufacturing bill of materials. The incumbent shall have a good understanding of aerospace manufacturing processes, aerospace materials and interpreting design definitions.
This position offers opportunities to be part of integrated project teams and collaborate with various Boeing sites on problem solving, standardizing processes and manufacturability of products. Be a part of our passionate and motivated team that always keep an eye to identify potential opportunities to improve and standardize the assembly process for our diverse range of products.
- Author and modifies Installation plan for Aircraft Structural assemblies, Systems and Payloads.
- Implement Standard works in assembly operations for Boeing products.
- Participates in the implementation of manufacturing plans. Assist in technical problem solving.
- Review existing assembly process and drive process improvements.
- Exercises critical thinking and innovative problem solving.
- Supports the development and implementation of production and tooling methodologies.
- Supports the development, identification and implementation of conceptual designs and maintenance of the program architecture for build.
- Participates in the implementation of Lean principles and technologies.
- Interfaces with Integrated Product teams and internal customers to develop products, skills, knowledge and experience.
Basic Skills Needed:
- 0 – 2 year of experience with Aerospace industry.
- Knowledge of Aerospace Manufacturing & Assembly operations.
- General Drawing Interpretation & GD&T knowledge.
- Knowledge of Aerospace Materials and Processes.
- Basic skills with CATIA/NX modelling software’s
- 4 year Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical/Production Engineering
Typical Education & Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) is preferred. Additional qualifications like Masters with relevant experience is desirable.
Relocation: This position offers relocation
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.