Position – Junior Engineer- (Drives & Control) Quality
Company – General Electric
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Description Summary
Person will be responsible for to plan, conduct and monitor quality of a product line including incoming, in-process and final inspection of parts and shall be accountable for on-time inspection of parts to meet the customer demand with almost focus on quality objectives
- Approve in-process production by confirming required specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and communicating the required adjustments to the production supervisor
- Approve all finished products by confirming specifications and conducting required tests
- Document and update inspection results by completing reports and logs
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- Develop, recommend, and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Responsible for Driving Quality in products and processes and establishing process for ensuring meeting the Customer expectations
- Responsible for collect and compile statistical quality data
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Marinate reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Proactively identifying areas of obstruction / breakdowns and take steps to rectify the problem at early stage
- Assist Manufacturing in investigations of process related quality issues
- Tracking and controlling the rejection by raising alarm/ NC with immediate effect and maintaining CoQ as per organizational requirements
- Involved in Kaizen and other process improvements like suggestion activities
- Proficient in computer skills, including MS Office
- Calibration activity of all Measuring and testing instruments at in-house and sub-contracting.
- Manage MRB & RTV and ensure on-time disposition / drive supplier recovery as applicable; also maintain critical supplier score card
- Participate in HPT Team discussions (HPT = High Performance Teams) and provide insights on quality, quality escapes and issue resolution, RCA, CAPA etc.
- Shall be familiar with manufacturing processes including assembly, torqueing, wiring harness assembly, electronic component handling etc
- Shall be responsible for total compliance to Quality Management System and Lead key initiatives; align the function with business goals to support 2x growth of the business Year-Over-Year
- Use experience and expertise to perform the assigned tasks himself and provide leadership to quality inspectors, mentor & train them and ensure their skill enhancement continuously.
- Own Quality Metrics including COQ, FPY, DPU, Escaping Defects, Customer Issue Resolution, On-Time Qualification etc. for the product line
- Work closely with AME Team to manage digitization of key quality metrics, deployment of Quality module in MES etc. and supports Lean initiatives (re-layout/ resource optimization/ automation etc.)
- Calibration Management of all gauges / instruments / fixtures; deploy smart gauges (blue tooth enabled) to help accelerate digitization of manufacturing operations
Qualification & Essential Requirements:
- Education: Diploma in in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering from a reputed college /university
- 2 – 3 years hands on experience in Quality Function mainly for inspection of cabinets or electrical panels.
- Shall be willing to work in shifts to meet the organizational goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate across levels
- The candidate shall be highly energetic and passionate with positive attitude. He shall be able to explain clearly business drivers and organizational objectives to team
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously. Knowledge of 5S, Lean and Six Sigma Methodology.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No