BOEING is hiring | Associate Mechanical Design & Analysis Engineer |
Position – Associate Mechanical Design & Analysis Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
Boeing India Engineering is currently looking for Associate Mechanical Design & Analysis Engineer2to join their team in Bangalore, Karnataka. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA), Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) and Boeing Global Services (BGS) business organizations.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration and shall work with the Engineering Manager, Project lead & structural analysts to develop the mechanical designs that will work in defined structural environment, characteristics and performance.
- This position will be responsible to support mechanical design and analysis of wide range of mechanical structures/Electro-Mechanical/Mechanical Systems and products.
- This position will be responsible for coordinating and communicating regularly with team members in Boeing organizations and shall provide periodic update on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents.
- In this role, the Engineer will work independently with minimum supervision to come up with conceptual and detailed designs based on the requirements. And Pro-actively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- Knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel.
- Will be required to perform with positive attitude and highest ethics.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor Or Master degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Aeronautical, Civil disciplines
- 5-9 Years of relevant Work experience.
- Knowledge of structural design, mechanical design, material properties, awareness of Industry standards for structural and mechanical systems design is essential.
- Material selection, Fasteners selections, Manufacturing methods, DFMA, coatings & finishes, drawing interpretation, drawing creation & review.
- Knowledge of CAD Tools (CATIA, NX) for Modeling, Drafting & Model Based Definition is essential.
- Experience in material selection & related processes (finishing and heat treatment) specifications is essential.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Good knowledge of New Product development process.
- Knowledge on thermal analysis and stress analysis will be an added advantage.
- Exposure to Aerospace Galley Products will be and an added advantage
- Basic understanding of aircraft certification processes and lifecycle.
- Good understanding of GD&T and creating detailed manufacturing drawings applying both dimensional and geometric tolerance, performing tolerance stack up analysis.
- Knowledge of PDM/PLM tools such as ENOVIA or Team Center.
- Able to verify the accuracy of technical and non-technical data. Gathers relevant data for root cause analysis and produces changes to resolve the discrepancies in design packages.
Typical Education & Experience:
Mechanical/Aerospace/Automobile or equivalent Engineering degree and 5 to 10 years of related work experience or a Master’s degree and 4 to 9 years related work experience
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse, and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.