Position – Engineer – Mechanical Component
Company – General Electric
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
Mechanical Engineer in the Gas Turbine Compressor team will participate in activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems related to GT Compressor. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components and impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. In this role the engineer is expected to be engaged in customer, shop & supplier issues resolution, Product cost out and design robustness improvement programs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This role involves mechanical design and component ownership of Compressor Rotor hardware on GT Fleet compressor
- On time resolution to compressor fleet issues with highest quality. Positive/productive attitude; Understand purpose of other teams/functions: Work in collaboration with product services, manufacturing, repair, supply chain, interface teams and provide disposition for various fleet/shop related activities.
- Project scope includes NPIs, services programs, Product Cost-Out, Value Engineering projects and direct customer support.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work would include mechanical engineering for all products.
- Establish personal schedule to deliver engineering definition and analysis/design reviews. Coordinate interfaces with manufacturing, materials, and drafting organizations to issue product definition of compressor hardware.
- Interface effectively with external supplier base to provide timely support on manufacturing processes and issues.
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- Support & involvement in broad company-wide initiatives in support of GE Gas Power business objectives (i.e. Value Engineering, Lean and Problem Solving)
- As an organizational citizen help build a safe, inspirational, and inclusive workplace.
- Master’s or bachelor’s in engineering with specialization in Mechanical, Design and Applied mechanics.
- Demonstrated team work skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- EEDP Graduate (For GE Internal Person)
- Advanced Degree/PhD in mechanical design engineering
- Experience in Gas turbine component design and analysis
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No