Position – Project Engineer
Company – GEA Group
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
About the Role
GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams, and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company. Project Engineer with experience of 5-8 years in Food / Dairy / EPC Projects
Your responsibilities and tasks:
- To assist Project Manager in managing LPT projects with responsibility for cost, delivery, quality, and safety
- Coordinate with other functions (Procurement / Control & Automation / Process / Inspection / Technical Design etc) for ensuring project delivery
- Ensuring timely invoicing and collection of outstanding payments from customers
- Periodic monitoring of costs and project progress
- Assisting in installation, satisfactory commissioning, and handover of the project
- Prepare weekly timesheets and project reports.
- Able to read and understand Piping and Instrument Diagram (P&ID), Plant layout, and Piping Drawings
- Liaise with clients or clients’ representatives in the managing of the projects and tasks as required.
- Work cooperatively with the project team, other functional departments and demonstrate work ethics.
- Frequent site visits / longer site stay as required for completion and closure of the project
Your profile and qualifications:
Education Qualification :
- BE / B Tech / ME / M Tech in Mechanical / Chemical / Dairy & Food Engineering / Dairy & Food Technology
Specific Skills / Knowledge:
- Hands-on experience in the Dairy / Food Industry in Project Management or Process engineering
- Knowledge of Project management tools like MS Project, SAP PM Module, etc. are preferred
- Familiarity with statutory rules & regulations, safety practices, and Hygiene standards in dairy project management
- Learning and Positive attitude to work in an uncertain situation
About The Company
GEA is one of the world’s largest systems suppliers for the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical sectors. The international industrial technology group specializes in machinery and plants as well as advanced process technology, components, and comprehensive services. With more than 18,000 employees, the Group generated revenue of more than EUR 4.6 billion in the fiscal year 2020. A major focus is on continuously enhancing the sustainability and efficiency of customers’ production processes. GEA plants, processes, and components help achieve significant reductions in carbon emissions, plastic use, and food waste in production worldwide. In this way, GEA makes a decisive contribution toward a sustainable future, fully in line with its corporate philosophy of “engineering for a better world.”
GEA is listed in the German MDAX and the STOXX® Europe 600 Index and is also among the companies comprising the DAX 50 ESG and MSCI Global Sustainability Indices.
As an international technology group, GEA focuses on the development and production of process technology and components for sophisticated and efficient production methods in a variety of end markets. GEA is one of the largest suppliers of systems and components for the food processing industry and a wide range of other processing industries.
The group is a specialist in its respective core technologies and a leader in many of its sales markets worldwide. GEA consistently promotes an innovation-led culture thereby maintaining its technological edge. The company considers profitability more important than volume and practices systematic portfolio management and cost control. Active risk management, stability through diversification, and a focus on the markets of the future are binding principles for all GEA business units.
The group’s enduring success is based on a number of major global trends, including: continuous global population growth; a growing middle class; increasing demand for high-quality foods and beverages and more demand for efficient production methods that also conserve valuable resources.
Our ambition: to be the customer’s first choice worldwide
Our long-term strategy is based on our central goal to be the partner of choice for customers worldwide. We strive to be the world’s leading technology group, providing innovative and sustainable solutions for sophisticated process industries. With our state-of-the-art technologies and comprehensive application expertise, we aim to be the preferred partner in the industries we serve.