Position – Project Management Specialist – Install & Construction
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Role Summary / Purpose
Reporting to the C&C Leader, the engineer is responsible for the Erection, Alignment, Testing and commissioning of the assigned assemblies as per the field quality work plan and contract requirement.
- Identify the EHS requirements and train site workers / sub-contractors as per EHS guidelines sincerely.
- Identify the Drawings and documents related to assemblies.
- To prepare detailed planning of each activity of assigned assembly and its auxiliaries within the schedule’s duration with clear measurable progress parameters.
- To prepare detailed resources required for each activity of assembly and its auxiliaries within the limits and reasonable backup.
- Identify the resources required such as manpower, tools, consumables etc.
- Identify the checks, and tests to be conducted with respect to control sheets of each assigned assemblies.
- Identify the interfaces and address all issues and define action plan.
- To prepare risk assessment and action plan for every activity of the assembly, get validated by EHS representative and review with all his team and actions defined.
- Review EHS requirements and arrange to fulfil the requirements as per risk assessment and ensure safe working methods are implemented and adopted.
- Involve in work front handling over and taking over from and to client and within inter departmental.
- Review the drawings and documents; prepare the materials requirements including consumables.
- Material and consumable verification including preservation and ensuring the timely identification and notification.
- Testing requirements verification and timely identification and notification for each assemblies assigned.
- Quality requirements verification and timely identification and notification.
- Guiding the team, stage verification of activities and ensuring the works are being carried as per the drawing requirements and quality requirements.
- Guide the team and ensure every individual are followed the EHS requirements for respective assemblies assigned to individual Supervisor.
- Guide and execute the activities for timely delivery with quality and safety for respective assemblies assigned to individual Supervisors.
- Guide and execute timely and quality reporting with sketches / photos for respective assemblies assigned to individual Supervisors.
- Guide and execute timely completion of documentation including red marks drawings for respective assemblies assigned to individual Supervisors.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Technical Diploma / University degree in technical education in Mechanical Engineering, with a minimum of 1 to 3re years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of welding and machining would be an asset.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Must be prepared for pre-employment screening including, but not limited to, reference checks and background checks.
- Ready to travel to site from time to time in India or abroad.
- To be passionate about construction & commissioning and the field of hydropower.
- MS Word & Excel Intermediate knowledge.
- Proactive approach for safe & quality work.
- Time management
- Social and self-competence
- Self-motivated and Fast learner
About the Company
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com
We are a diverse and dedicated global team who believes in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong.
By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to unleash limitless energy.