Position – Lead Machine Head Structures Mechanical Engineer
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
Successful candidate will be a part of the MWC Machine Head Nacelle and Fabrication team in GE Renewable Engineering OnShore Wind Business Unit. The role offers hardware ownership opportunity including design, analysis, supplier qualification, testing and validation focusing on Machine Head mechanical components and bolted joint within Wind turbines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the projects pertaining to new product introduction, new technology integration, field issue resolution with a heavy focus on quality and reliability verified by physical testing.
- Utilize hand calculations, build free-body diagram, finite element analysis and field data to optimize designs against requirements.
- Identify and execute cost saving ideas and strategies
- Perform and capture detailed documentation of design, analysis and lead testing, verification & validation of components.
- Drive lessons learned, best practices and standardization into drawings, specifications, design practices and processes
- Collaborate with cross functional teams for managing the product life cycle including part drawings & specifications, Bill of Materials, cost reduction, supplier collaboration and qualification, installation, and servicing (may include travel as required).
- Execute tasks within a cross-functional teams, including but not limited to other sub-system engineers, quality, manufacturing, sourcing, program planning, field support and others.
- Collaborate with System, Sub-System, and component Engineers to integrate components into overall turbine design while satisfying system/subsytem and interface requirements. Ownership of interface definition documentation.
- Lead collaboration between engineering and test lab, field validation for design verification purposes.
- Ownership of design review and requirements of APQP process. Communicate clearly to design team leaders, effectively documenting and presenting result.
- Work with external agency and provide documentation and clarification for obtaining required certifications
- Ownership of risk identification and mitigation process including DFMEA and design verification by defining the validation approach.
- Work with suppliers to transfer DFMEA into PFMEA through the supplier qualification partnering with sourcing team
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years design engineering experience
- Engineering experience in Design/Product Development of mechanical components (preferably wind turbine mechanical components)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and project management skills
- Working knowledge of CAD (preferably Unigraphics NX 3D-CAD) and CAE (preferably Ansys/Workbench).
- Experience with structural component design and assessment including FEA , fatigue lifing and frequency response analysis methodologies.
- Experience with system design including interface definition, system stiffness, and design for manufacturability / installation / serviceability.
- Experience with metallic fabrication manufacturing processes and common material and or process defects.
- Demonstrated strong mechanical design fundamentals
- Wind Turbine system and component design experience
- Experience on power generation products
- Exposure to Product Life Cycle Management processes & tools, hardware ownershipAbout us:
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes