GE Renewable Energy is Hiring | Lead Engineer |
Position – Lead Engineer-Mechanical Engineering
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Job Description Summary
We are looking for candidate who has strong hold on structural mechanics, Ansys workbench & Mechanical APDL.
Is able to perform the required checks to be able to validate the FEA results. Has strong experience in calculation domain.
Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
- to perform all special calculations, which mainly includes the FEA calculation and the shaftline calculation
- to perform fatigue analysis according to AMSM, FKM Eurocode…
- to perform welding calculation (static and fatigue assessment)
- to perform fracture mechanics analysis
- to perform design optimization and weight reductions by means of design of experiments
- to support the COEs and particularly the System integrator valves, IB, turbine, generator and technical tendering, regarding calculation.
- to create internal or customer calculation notes in English
- to program calculation tools for the other COE for the pre-dimensioning
- to participate to the cost out effort, particularly by using the optimization tool
- to suggest solution and design improvement in case of issues
- to validate design and in some case drawings
- to present the results internally or to the final customers
- Validate calculation of other team members
- Partner and support with other region; answer technical question and take and be part of technical decision;
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are a diverse and dedicated global team who believes in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong.
By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to unleash limitless energy.