Flowserve Corporation is Hiring | Designer |
Position – CAD & Solidworks Designer
Company – Flowserve Corporation
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Produces working drawings from layouts or sketches, using standard drawing procedures and work instructions independently
- Collectinitialdrawings,calculationsanddesignideasfromengineers,andcombineall relevant data into coherent and complete initial design models for review and modification
- Preparesandmaintainsdetaileddesigndrawings,schematicsorspecificationsusingCAD software.
- Perform review of incoming engineering orders for completeness and technical correctness of job definition.
- Generate2Ddetaildrawings,3Dmodels,assembliesofPump/Valves/Sealscomponentsusing CAD tools.
- Generate Bill of materials for assembly drawings for the retrofit jobs and ensure the design compliments the challenges from customer
- Preparespartslistsandmaterialschedules andallocatessubsidiarydrawingreference numbers for sub-assemblies.
- Ensures dimensional suitabilityby using known standards and allocates necessary tolerances
- CreateGAD,drawingsofPump/Valves/Sealsassemblies/sectionallayoutsandmanufacturing (Casting,Fabrication/WeldmentandMachining)drawingsbyfollowingestablished engineering standards and procedures for product design to produce consistent and reliable results.
- Performs work that is varied and complex, under supervision.
- Perform basic calculations with available internal tools independently
- Understandthebasicfunctionsofdocumentationcontrol,documentpreservationand computer filing.
- Demonstrate self-checking capability, undertake complete ownership on quality and reduce checking dependency
- Independently prepare technical documents associated with the auxiliary systems
- Handsonexperienceon2Dand3DCADtools(AutoCADmechanical/AutodeskInventor/PTC Creo/ SolidWorks)
- Experienceincreatingdrawingsformanufacturingproduct,technicalmanualsand publications
- Shouldbefamiliarwithmanufacturingprocessesandworkingknowledgeonpatterns, castings,weldingandmachiningprocesses.KnowledgeonGD&T,Materials,Standardswillbe an added advantage.
- Knowledge on database management tools such as PTC Windchill, Autodesk Vault 2012 andany ERP/PLM is preferred.
- Good ability to read and understand engineering drawings/documents/reports
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Mechanical Engineering Graduate with +2 years of experience or Mechanical Diploma engineers with +5 years of experience in similar engineering industry.
- Minimum two years’ experience in 3D modeling in Solidworks and mechanical design
Job Advertising Title: CAD & Solidworks Designer
Primary Posting Location: Chennai, India
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 55372BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to [email protected] In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words “Accommodation Request” as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.