Position – Design Engineer- Mechanical
Company – Siemens
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate – all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
We bring power to the people
We create a future to live in with a broad spectrum of products and solutions for the environmentally-compatible and resource-saving generation of power.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Creation of drawings in 3D CAD Software (Preferred in NX or Creo and AutoCAD)
- Prepares and checks assembly drawings, detailed drawings, manufacturing sketches, layouts, inspection data and bill of materials per design specifications following drawing/ modeling, Team center & SAP guidelines
- Support design lead to evaluate non-conformance reports and defines further measures & Troubleshooting for manufacturing deviations and field issues.
- Communication within the engineering to define required hardware scope on a site specific basis within defined boundary conditions
- Performs studies to insure proper form, fit, and function of parts and/or assemblies
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Mechanical engineering graduate/post-graduate with 3-8 years of experience in Steam turbine, Hydro turbine or equivalent field in two or more roles (engineering or operation)
- Excellent spatial sense and general design knowledge regarding cast and welded design
- Excellent knowledge about manufacturing specific design. Knowledge about additive manufacturing is beneficial.
- Excellent skills in NX or Creo and Auto CAD Software
- Advanced skills in MS-Office, SAP, Teamcenter
- Very good verbal, written and virtual communication skills
- Be comfortable working on different projects with colleagues in multiple time zones
- Demonstrated ability to support in multi-skilled professional teams.
- Ability to establish relationships, build networks in a global team setup.
- Familiarity with the Product Development Process (PDP) as well as six sigma and lean principles
- Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written English
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll be posted at various Project sites within India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.