Position – Lead Engineer – Mechanical Engineer
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Job Description Summary
Responsible to drive technical excellence in the design, cost & reliability of simple retrofit and standardized small turbines. Leads a project team during execution (OTR) stage looking always to design turbine product according to the requirements asked by client, as well the requirements from internal customers as, product definition office, quality, manufacturing, sourcing, construction and commissioning and all cross-functions involved in the turbine product design. Responsible to approve all drawings and to support the product through the entire life cycle – from ITO, conceptual design through development, testing, qualification, manufacturing, & installation.
- Assume responsibility for turbine simple retrofit and standardized small hydro design as main product engineer;
- Able to support fleet support team in transactional services, in order to allow good permeability between center of excellence and fleet support engineers;
- Prioritize, plan and execute tasks when executing own work packages for multiple projects in parallel;
- Responsible for developing, verify, approve and control the technical documents such as drawings, Bill of Materials, Technical Specifications, Manuals and other contractual technical documents as necessary applying GE and industry processes and standards;
- Manage and lead design cross-functional design reviews (conceptual, basic and detail);
- Responsible for analyzing qualitative and quantitative technical and commercial information on the project, including technical specifications, proposals, reference designs, and other sources of information necessary for the preparation of the project to comply with such requirements;
- Support engineering tendering team in the elaboration of proposals and technical specifications development, as necessary;
- For small hydro design, ensure that defined standard turbine solution and parametric tool to meet aggressive schedule, product cost and reliability targets is applied in the standard projects;
- Work cross functionally with quality teams, manufacturing engineers, sourcing, suppliers, field support and others to improve product quality and first time yield;
- Support manufacturing, sourcing and field support with issue resolution and quick corrective actions for design related causes;
- Drive complete technical root cause analysis of field failures and identify design related corrective actions to prevent recurrence;
- Support global supply chain activities for quality assurance and fulfillment across the globe;
- Identify and execute continuous improvement, cost saving ideas and strategies.
- Drive lessons learned, best practices and standardization into drawings, specifications, design practices and processes;
- Secure that lessons learned and FoE are registered in the turbine design practices;
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are a diverse and dedicated global team who believes in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong.
By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to unleash limitless energy.