Position – Design Engineer
Company – Burckhardt Compression
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Burckhardt Compression is the worldwide market leader for reciprocating compressor systems, and the only manufacturer and service provider that covers a full range of reciprocating compressor technologies and services. Its customized compressor systems are used in the gas gathering and processing, gas transport and storage, refinery, chemical, petrochemical as well as in the industrial gas and hydrogen mobility and energy sectors. Burckhardt Compression’s leading technology, broad portfolio of compressor components and the full range of services help customers around the world to find the optimized solution for their reciprocating compressor systems. Since 1844 its highly skilled workforce has crafted superior solutions and set the benchmark in the gas compression industry.Job description: Design engineer
Position of supervisor: Group leader – CAD
Main task of position:
- Create detail drawings of parts and sketches by means of CAD (2D and 3D)
- Clarification with the work preparation department to optimise parts from a production point of view
- Preparation of drawings for the procurement of casting patterns. Optimise the casting design in cooperation with the procurement department.
- Creation of sub-assembly drawings and the assembly and cross-section of the whole unit (order-dependent)
- Preparation of additional order-dependent documents (calculations with Excel templates, preparing tables for the screw connection)
- Creation of fabrications drawings, models according to the guidelines in our manuals.
- Making improvement proposals for further development of individual components, modules or even assembly units
- Making suggestions to improve the application of the CAD system NX, continuously check if there is anything in our manuals that can get improved and optimized. Suggestions are submitted to the power user team.
- Personal contribution to continuous improvement
- Should negotiate with customers for estimation
Education / Experience:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years’ experience in 3D CAD if possible NX
- Experience with ERP systems if possible SAP
- Application of common tools in the office package (Word, Excel und PowerPoint)
- Training needs to be identified and highlighted to the supervisor
Burckhardt Compression offers interesting work and excellent development opportunities within a diversified and international environment. Attractive working conditions and an open corporate culture, lived in daily values, are our advantages.