Position – Lead Supplier Quality Engineer – Onshore Wind – Mechanical
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Job Description Summary
Drive quality for assigned suppliers, including quality plan implementation. Select suppliers through qualification processes. Own supplier results, drive improvements utilizing supplier scorecards. Own supplier audits, ensuring compliance, and driving improvement plans where needed. In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform technical and quality assessments of potential new suppliers to ensure the introduction of new suppliers that can meet the technical, compliance, and quality requirements of GERE.
- Provide overall team leadership for supplier APQP efforts to ensure effective and timely PPAP of components including as the focal point for interaction with the supplier. Serve as the quality assurance and control expert on the team, owning the quality plan.
- Lead process improvement efforts using GE Renewable Energy Quality systems, tools, and procedures to drive process quality improvements and leverage statistical tools for evaluation of process capability on critical-to-quality (CTQ) part/component characteristics
- Manage timely issue resolution for non-conformances and deviations. This includes expedient communication, containment, root cause analysis, corrective action, preventive action, and supporting final financial resolution as required.
- Address Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and escapes reduction based on customer, assembly shop, and site feedback and incorporate key customer critical-to-quality parameters in supplier processes
- Coordinate initiation and resolution of Supplier Deviation Requests (SDR’s), material substitutions, and quality control reviews on non-conformances at supplier facility and/or wind farm sites
- Conduct root cause analysis (RCA), FMEA (Failure Mode & Effect Analysis) for process improvement, and preventive/corrective action as required
- Maintain effective surveillance of the assigned suppliers through auditing to ensure continued compliance.
- Drive continuous improvement in deviations, escaping defects, and probability of defect creation and detection with assigned suppliers through process capability, improvement plans, and regular quality
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 3 years of quality process experience
- English language skills
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% as required
- Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Experience working with Wind Turbine mechanical components (Gearbox, Drives, Brakes, etc.)
- Related processes (Assembly, Machining, Heat Treatment, Welding, Testing).
- Experience working with suppliers.
- Quality training and/or related work experience (ISO 9001). Experience with quality assurance tools: Process Capability, Measurement Systems Analysis, Error Proofing, Statistical Process Control
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; RCA methods (Shainin, Red X, SPS, etc.), 8D, FMEA
- Auditing experience
- Ability to work in a cross-functional and global team environment.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Related Wind sourcing and/or manufacturing experience
- Lean Six Sigma trained and certified or equivalent quality training and certification. Experience in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and a passion for quality
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes