Position – Engineer – Mechanical Component
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Job Description Summary
The Mechanical engineer in a generator will be responsible for the technical execution of projects or programs in terms of quality, cost, safety, and reliability. He/she will be responsible for the timely completion of milestones & key deliverables of his project in terms of quality, safety & reliability. He / She will work with the coordination of Lead engineers, system integrators & engineers in interfacing COE & function for the execution of the project.
He/She shall have good experience in the design of large hydro projects preferably some experience in the hydro generator domain. He/She shall work with the Lead engineer to resolve any technical issue during the execution of the project with interfacing functions & site crew.
- Responsible for delivering design, drawing, and BOMs as per project schedule & budget limits with the right level of quality
- Responsible for timely execution of projects & his key deliverables, First pass yield, and Validation of design through lead engineers and consulting.
- Understands Reliability / Safety / Cost,
- Respect GE Global Engineering’s technical know-how rules. (Technology, Quality, TRS…) .
- Will work closely with supply chain & other functions & interfacing CoEs and Regions
- open-minded, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort to maintain healthy group dynamics.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor / Advanced degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience in design & detail engineering with checking & validation skills
- Experience & knowledge in one or several Hydro products/components/ Systems preferably in Generator.
- Shall be open-minded, multicultural & shall be able to work efficiently with cross-regional teams of respective COEs
- Language: Excellent verbal and written English language skills for international communication. Knowledge of other languages is preferable but not mandatory
- Pro-activeness, sense of urgency, autonomy; ability to interact with functions
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills; strong communicator … ability to translate insights into clear strategic recommendations;
- Strong cost, safety, and reliability culture
- Ability to work in a team around labor standards
- Manage activity in multicultural and multilocation environments
- Ability to define his/her priorities
- Rigorous analysis and action
- Open to change
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Team-player … positive & engaged contributor to the team, willingness to learn & adapt to business needs
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes