GE Renewable Energy is Hiring | Engineer – Generator Auxiliary Mechanical |
Position – Engineer – Generator Auxiliary Mechanical
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Purpose of the Job
- carry out calculations and basic design
- Specify and create P&IDs for the generator auxiliaries systems.
- final manufacturing & arrangement drawings, including the bill of materials, that were obtained from the product definition or suppliers, must be checked and released.
Position in the Organisation
Organization Structure: Working inside CoE Large Generators
Organizational Reporting: Sub-CoE leader
Network & Links: CoE team, Product definition, System integrators, Suppliers
- to comprehend the project, product, client requirements, generator operating parameters, and hydropower plant operating sequences
- Carry out the fundamental designs and calculations for the generator’s auxiliary systems, including braking, lifting, thrust bearing oil injection, oil mist exhaust, brake dust exhaust, carbon dust exhaust, fire suppression system, air-water coolers, oil-water coolers for bearings, and their piping layout.
- Create technical specifications and drawings that detail the requirements for the design.
- Together with the Product Definition Team, manage and carry out work packages.
- Working with vendors to define, improve, or estimate costs throughout the design phase
- Supply chain assistance throughout the execution stage
Execute with required Quality, within budget and lead times specified
On-time delivery, Quality, Cost (components, engg hours)
Educational Requirements: B. E. (Mechanical)
Knowledge / Experience
- At least 3 years in the design of Hydro Generator auxiliary systems. Total experience desired > 5 years
- Experienced in understanding engineering requirements of Hydro Generator
- Applied knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical engg, Piping standards, Heat exchangers
- Experienced in preparing design specifications for components mentioned in ‘responsibilities’
- Experienced in Design & Engineering Processes
- Good level of ‘MS Office” Application
- User Level SAP System, PLM (CORELLA)
- Experienced in CAD tools preferably AUTOCAD and UG NX
Behavioral and Technical Skills / Competencies
- Communication, Inter-personal relationship
- Pro-active & responsiveness
- To continuously manage and develop people
- To care for people
- Teamwork and accountability
- Communication / Transparency
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes