Mercedes-Benz is hiring | Battery Mechanical Design Engineer |
Position – Battery Mechanical Design Engineer
Company – Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India Private Limited
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
- Design Life Cycle Management and/or design duties for next-generation battery mechanical and thermal components to fulfil extremely rigorous component criteria, including but not limited to battery housings, cooling plates, venting & cooling lines, rupture discs, busbars, and mounting brackets.
- generating innovative design ideas and fixes for the batteries in electric and hybrid vehicles. Understanding component requirements, creating a concept design, collaborating with the Mechanical Development team and the Simulation teams, actively participating in DFMEAs, closely collaborating with international suppliers, helping to create the component specification documents, interacting with the purchase and quality teams, failure analysis, and collaborating with the assembly plant and service teams are all included in this.
- Management of Deviations, Changes, Documentation, and Releases.
- Rotating trips on-site are made to Germany according to the needs of the project.
- Mechanical B.E./M.E./M.Tech. degree or equivalent.
- knowledge of battery and powertrain component design.
- solid Nx abilities and solid engineering design foundations for powertrain components.
- strong managerial experience in the product life cycle. BTV knowledge is preferred.
- Good knowledge of the mechanical and thermal elements of PHEV/EV batteries
- knowledge of current developments in EV battery design.
- Excellent communication abilities. German proficiency is strongly recommended.
- Must have problem-solving abilities and be a team player.