Position – Engineer–Product Definition – Turbine Auxiliary
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Job Description Summary
He/She operates as a design team member responsible for Engineering deliverables (Detail design drawings along with Bill of materials) for Hydro Turbine that meet customer, partner and program needs.
- Create definition of Turbine Auxiliary parts/piping’s, modules, and assemblies in the form of 2D cross sections, Model Based Definition, 3D reusable models in a linked model environment, tolerance stack-ups, change in design co-authoring and various other electronic data formats to support analysis, manufacturing, assembly, tooling, quality and inspection within expected cost, quality and schedule.
- Generator Auxiliary knowledge will be the added advantage.
- Ensure all interfaces between components are established and agreed upon by Engineering design teams of mating parts and systems
- Save applicable models to the Digital Assembly then maintain and support up to date digital assembly builds
- Export tag applicable definition created by self and responsible purchased services based on jurisdiction and exportability classifications
- Work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies & Procedures, Engineering Standards, Specifications, Government and Commercial Standards, and special security requirements
- Stays current with industry developments in one’s field of expertise
Qualifications / Requirements
- Diploma/Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of three (3) years of mechanical engineering experience.
- Familiar with Hydro Turbine component definition, interfaces, Overall Plant, basic knowledge of ISO/ASME standards & proficient knowledge of NX software.
- Knowledge of International standards related to material specification
- Basic understanding of PLM processes.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge in Hydro products/components/ Systems especially Turbine Auxiliary/Piping.
- Strong knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD), preferably in Siemens NX
- Basic understanding of computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) and manufacturing processes
- Basic understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing as it relates to individual parts and overall assemblies (ANSI Y14.5)
- Ability to work independently
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
GE (NYSE: GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of the industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com