Position – On-Site Service Specialist (Mechanical)
GE Renewable Energy
Location – Madhya Pradesh
Job Description Summary
- Services Specialist, who is a part of the GE Wind Energy team and closely works with the Field services team, plays an essential role in the growth of wind energy services to support operation and maintenance services with our customers in the region. Required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers’ site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair, and refurbish sold or existing products
Roles and Responsibilities
- All on-site life extensions, repairs, and inspection-related service activities able to be performed at the customer site.
- includes onsite machining, NDT, blading, winding, critical welding, generator diagnostics
- Developing conceptual knowledge of the professional discipline. May include support roles with specialized expertise or technical knowledge in a broad area.
- Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience. Understands how the work of your own team contributes to the area.
- Resolves issues using established procedures. Consult supervisor or more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- Collaborates with others to solve issues. For customer-facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Exchanges technical information asks questions and checks for understanding.
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires basic experience in the Services & On-Site Services. The knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in the USA – Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.