Position – Design Engineer
Metso India Private limited
Exp. – 3 to 6 years
Salary – ₹ 4,50,000 to 7,00,000 P.A.
Location – Alwar
- This position is based in Alwar Rajasthan
- The Design Engineer is responsible for supporting the Engineering Team in the design, manufacturing and outsourcing stages. They are also responsible for ensuring that work meets established internal quality standards as well as customer specifications.
- Development of high standard manufacturing drawings in accordance with standards to accompany work instructions and quotations.
- Good written and communication skills required in English
- Creates manufacturing drawings, based on standard designs and calculations.
- Assisting with problems regarding assembly or parts incorrectly fabricated etc.
- Assist with drawing up General Arrangements for customers and detailing necessary items, not in existence.
- Assist by the creation of part numbers on the Business system.
- Performs basic strength evaluations/calculations.
- Maintain drawing/Vault database, Key user.
- Perform documented product safety review as a part of the daily design process
- Develops new solutions independently and in project teams.
- Maintains good order and efficiency in his/her work.
- Takes part in design reviews.
- Identifies needs for design changes from production requirements as well as quality and procurement needs.
- Participates as a team member and sometimes a leader in a development project for slurry pumps
- Performs other miscellaneous duties and/or other special projects as required.
- Modify and maintain 3D Model and 2D part and assembly drawings of products for presentation, manufacture, and marketing.
- Create 3D flat patterns, DXF, PDF, IGES, and PVZ files using Creo.
- Create Welding details for parts or assemblies on 2D Drawings.
- Create 3D hydraulic hose routing and hose manufacture lists using Creo.
- Create 3D cable routing using Creo.
- Create an Engineering Bill of Materials for sub-assemblies using Pulse and Excel.
- Actively participate in the continuous quality improvement process and lean manufacturing strategies.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- The successful applicant will possess a Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant discipline with a minimum of 3 years of previous experience in a related industry advantageous.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous 3D CAD experience essential, preferably using Pro-Engineer or Creo.
- 2D Autocad experience is advantageous.
- Outstanding communication required with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proven attention to detail and a strong team player with proven experience of working collaboratively with a range of departments.
- Problem solving and time management skills required.
- Self-motivated and organized.