Position – Manufacturing Specialist 1 – Equipment Maintenance
Company – General Electric
Location – Sanand, Gujarat
Job Description Summary
Install, maintain, and repair internal factory equipment. Supervise employees who perform maintenance and tool making. Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that equipment and tools are in good condition for use. Propose plans for preventive maintenance, predictive and corrective action.
- Ensure Improving Machine uptime, OEE, MTBF, MTTR of high end CNC machines like Tacchi, Lathe, Pama HBM and Roter slotter, Waldrich Gantry Milling and turning, HNK VTL, High speed Balancing tunnel, EOT Overhead cranes, conventional machines and fabrication shop equipment.
- Practice and implement TPM across the facility
- Maintain required Safety and statutory compliances
- Spare parts planning and maintain optimize inventory
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Condition Monitoring, Geometry checks and lubrication management of critical assets.
- Record keeping with CMMS analysis through RCA and implement corrective actions.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- This role requires basic experience in Manufacturing & Equipment Maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Experience of 6-8 years as a maintenance engineer.
- Analytical and problem solving approach
- Lean and Safety adoptability
- Technical knowledge on Hydrostatic and Hydraulics
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes