Position – Calibration Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Test and Evaluation team is currently looking for one Calibration Engineer to join their team in Bengaluru, KA. Test & Evaluation engineers at Boeing make sure that products at the world’s largest aerospace company continue to meet the highest standards. From quality and reliability, to safety and performance, their expertise is vital to the concept, design and certifications of a wide variety of commercial and military systems.
- Plan, check, set up, and operate, basic and complex Measurement and Test Equipment (M&TE) calibration independently.
- Use calibration standards (dimensional, electrical, thermal, and optical) to calibrate, adjust, certify, maintain, and repair M&TE/process equipment using approved calibration procedures, process specifications, equipment drawings, and M&TE /process equipment manufacturer’s performance specifications. Autonomy of operation for on-site calibrations is highly desired.
- Conduct routine tests, analyze data and document results. Troubleshoot and recommend resolution of shop floor equipment, laboratory and test-related problems.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Route M&TE/process equipment between receiving area, customer, and calibration lab.
- Coordinate with customers to calibrate stationary equipment (on-site) while limiting machine downtime.
- Update equipment status using established systems and complete associated paperwork.
- Ensure equipment is ready for calibration per metrology processes.
- Prioritize and perform work according to automated daily report list, hot list, or as assigned by team lead or manager.
- Perform visual check of M&TE/process equipment for discrepancies and wear.
- Identify, document, and route non-conforming items in accordance with metrology lab processes.
- Provide information and clarification to customers on metrology processes.
- Develop and review new calibration processes and procedures.
- Perform computations necessary to analyze measurement test results.
- For calibrations that are not done in-house, coordinate with external suppliers for: specifying the calibration needs, co-ordinate schedule with business partner, validate the reception of calibrated items and hand over to business partner.
- Understanding of basic and advanced M&TE and process equipment e.g. Digital meters, probes, scopes, precision hand tools, process tools, surface plates, levels, optics (basic 2 dimensional), items used to measure and record: force, mass, pressure, vacuum, temperature, voltage, and hardness. Understanding of electrical equipment, electronics tuning, and experience with laser interferometry.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Metrology experience across electrical, dimensional and mechanical physical disciplines preferred.
- Calibration lab experience preferred.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and typically 5 or more years’ of related work experience.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing’s values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company’s commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.