Position – Manufacturing Engineer
Company – GE Healthcare
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
Engineering associated with the manufacturing process. Accountable for the quality of own work. Subject to direct operations supervision/prescribed work instructions/systems checking. Executes within a well-defined operations framework. There is generally a step by step sequence of standard operational tasks which need to be followed to achieve an end result.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
- Work with Production Associates to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance through Validation & Verification. Responsible for determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis and acceptance.
- Develop new process and workstation designs to reduce cycle time and support the lean manufacturing initiative.
- Monitor and improve productivity, while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality and cost-conscious manner
- Troubleshoot production and packaging equipment
- Provide Technical support
- Specify and expedite planned maintenance routines on all production equipment and systems
- Co-ordination of manufacturing releases
- Lead Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
- Driving LEAN manufacturing implementation
- Provide safe processes that comply with all local and federal regulations. Assure that corrective action is taken to resolve observed safety concerns in all areas.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics or related technical degree and 3+ years experience or Associates Degree
- Lean and Six Sigma skills
- Good analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Ability to understand Engineering drawings
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No