Position – Engineer – Mechanical Component
Company – GE Healthcare
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
As a Engineer for Mechanical component as part of Anesthesia and Respiratory Care (ARC) Engineering organization at Bangalore, you’ll be contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. It includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components and responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. It is expected to functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results. The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
In this role you will-
- Design new products and/or supporting Installed Base of mechanical components or subsystems. Conducting analysis of installed base and new product reliability using FMEA, Weibull Analysis and DFR
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Engaging in all phases of new product development, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support.
- Resolves issues using established procedures. Consults supervisor or more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- Collaborates with others to solve issues. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Exchanges technical information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience. Understands how work of own team contributes to the area.
- Works with patient/customers and/or technical leadership to ensure that the technical deliverables are consistent with the goals of larger programs, projects or initiatives
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years of experience or Masters with 1+ years of experience
- Experience in mechanical design, project engineering, familiar with plastic, sheet metal, die casting and rubber parts design and process
- Expertise with CAD software (PTC Creo, SolidWorks, AutoCAD) ability to use advanced features for tolerance stack-up analysis, proper requirements definition.
- Demonstrated capabilities in thermal and mechanical simulation
- Design for manufacturing experience
- Experience with Medical device industry
- 3D CAD experience, prefer to have experience of Creo Parametric.
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes