Position – Regulator ETO Engineer
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineer role based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Provide technical support and design work to improve regulator products which address performance improvements, quality, standards, and reduce costs consistent with requirements and limitations imposed by tooling, materials, and manufacturing processes
- Process orders and design customer regulator and regulator control products in an ETO environment in accordance with established practices and industry & company standards, including bills of material, detail/assembly, and customer drawings
- Collaborate with Badger, Franksville R&D to understand, develop, and implement regulator and regulator control design and manufacturing process enhancements into the manufacturing environment
- Lead Design Automation efforts, coordinating with various development groups, to automate the design process from quotation to final engineering production
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of CAD (2D and 3D) tools with mechanical or electromechanical systems. Knowledge of industry recognized drafting and CAD standards, practices and procedures, ECR/ ECN data extraction/ analysis/ reporting
- Provide engineering design support for regulator productline for proposals, customer projects, new product development (NPD) and Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE) projects
- Provides technical support to product marketing regarding sales inquiries, customer problems, equipment application, and engineering analysis
- Shares knowledge within the team and demonstrates flexibility working in parallel on multiple assignments/product categories
- Monitors progress and achievements on projects. Provides timely status updates and reports to stakeholders
- Prepare cost out ideas by identifying/modifying absolute features at component, product level and present to the team
- Serve to existing product portfolio by supporting customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement through Change Management process
- Utilizes DMAIC/DFSS concepts / tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvements
- Perform a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes, tests, and unique customer applications
- Able to excel as a team player by successfully collaborating with engineering peers as well as cross-functional personnel to ensure custom designs meet customer expectations
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering in Mechanical
- 4 – 6 years of relevant experience in electromechanical products, preferred in Regulator products
- Leading efforts to design complex mechanical or electrical drawings or some combination of these in a complex, engineered to order (ETO) manufacturing environment
- Experience with custom engineering design and processes is desired
- Demonstrated skills in engineering analysis and tool capabilities (Cad, FEA, statistical analysis, software applications, electrical analysis tools, etc…,)
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the value proposition and quality of the engineering deliverables
- Develop and maintain all rule-sets required for Design Automation
- Should able to generate novel concepts/ideas for the improvement of the Electrical/mechanical systems
- Demonstrated project management and leadership capability, experience in coordinating/completing complex projects on-time.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time