Position – Engineer 2 – Mechanical Component_HC
Company – GE Healthcare
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components. Position requires understanding of concepts, methods, procedures & strategies for design & development of Mechanical Components & sub-assemblies. Learn practical application of engineering principles, achieve expertise in Mechanical Engineering.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Essential Responsibilities (but are not limited to):
- Designing new products and/or supporting Installed Base of mechanical components & subsystems using Mechanical Engineering principles.
- Execute design to engineering standards
- Work as a part of a team including cross functional team members & suppliers to deliver technical solution
- Work with patient/customers and/or technical leaders to ensure that the technical deliverables are consistent with the goals of larger programs, projects or initiatives
- Seeks mentoring to learn and for problem solving
- Leading development of new processes in the areas of Metal to Metal / Nonmetal joining, Cleaning Surface prep & coatings
- Engaging in all phases of new product development, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
- Identifying and developing new opportunities to leverage Strategic Sourcing objectives and Common Technology initiatives in the modality product line
- Defining and executing component design verification
- Developing innovative designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability
- Maintain and develop competence required for the job
- BS in Mechanical Engineering & Master’s Degree in Mechanical Design / Tool Design / Manufacturing
- Engineering Freshers can apply, Master’s degree in mechanical engineering preferred
- Demonstrate technical leadership capability in integration activities
- Self-starter, energizing, result oriented, and able to multi-task
- Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to meet aggressive cost, manufacturability, performance and delivery targets
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Global project management experience
- Green Belt/Black Belt Certified
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes