Position – Piping Engineer
Company – Dow
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Dow has an exciting and challenging opportunity available for a Piping Engineer to be located in Chennai.
The candidate will be accountable for the piping scope on global capital and expense projects from project definition through detailed design to construction. The candidate will lead piping discipline design teams to provide quality project deliverables for large projects including retrofits and revamps.
- Knowledge to develop layouts and route piping in compliance with Dow specifications, considering safety, constructability, operability and maintainability of the facility
- Lead model reviews with project stake holders
- Support design development of project by providing all necessary inputs to other disciplines in line with the timelines and expectations of the project
- Working in a multi-discipline, multi-location, team environment with both face-to-face communication and virtual software.
- Work with Piping materials engineer and ensure compliance to specifications in procurement of all piping components for the project including piping specialty items.
- Ensure quality and timely deliverables from the piping group, contributing to the overall success of the project
- Applying global design standards, EH&S standards, most effective technology, loss prevention principles, applicable engineering codes, and best practices.
- Ensuring that environmental, Safety and Loss Prevention principles are used in design
- Ensuring that Dow’s designs consistently comply with applicable industry codes, standards, Dow’s Most Effective Technology and Dow global practices and specifications.
- Work to resolve constructability, operability and maintainability issues.
- Participating as an ad hoc member on one or more Global Piping Discipline Technology Resource Network Team(s).
- Interfacing with and participating on teams with manufacturing personnel, maintenance personnel, other engineering design disciplines, vendors, contractors, and suppliers as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good at usage of MS Office tools
- Skills using tools like SP3D and review tools like SPR, Navisworks and LFM is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate well within the team as well as with other discipline personnel
- Must be willing and able to travel within the US and internationally as required, to sites, other Dow locations, vendor shops and EPC offices
- Must be a self-starter, shall be able to foresee problems, and possess the commitment to meet tight schedules with quality.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required, degrees in Mechanical Engineering are preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in piping design for oil and gas or petrochemical projects is required;
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries.