Position – Junior Engineer – Quality
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
As part of the GE India Multi-modal Manufacturing team, the Quality Inspector is responsible for establishing an efficient and continually improving In-process quality systems as per AS 9100 / ISO 9001 and internal GE QMS norms. Own & drive key Quality deliverables in the projects including analysis & certifying aviation hardware per internal quality inspection requirements along with handling MRB activities.
- The position will report to the Quality Manger.
- Responsible to carry out inspections in quality per internal QMS procedural requirements & Handle MRB transactions for the Production line.
- Work closely with manufacturing / production & Quality system teams to develop and implement AS 9100 procedures & systems & support driving end to end production quality flow downs along with obtaining MRB dispositions & closely monitor MRB aging
- Willingness to work & get qualified to Cross functional quality cells along with working with HPT teams for daily analysis of yield improvement , EHS & process improvisation projects.
- Contribute to continual improvement through audit programs, assessment / of various non-conformances and driving corrective actions identified through Root Cause Analysis.
- Understanding of site quality QMS procedures & policies.
- Understanding of process & yield improvement tools like RCA , KAIZENS , 7 QC tools etc.
- Inspecting production hardware , attending to customer complaint analysis & stock verifications where required.
- Providing training, and support to shop operations, design and manufacturing to assure effective Quality Assurance
- Pursuing continuous improvement for quality & cost reductions projects.
- Actively contributing to non conformance event management & analysis.
- First Class Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- 2.5 + Years of Experience in Aviation industry in the fields of aviation quality inspection & product acceptance.
- Working knowledge of AS 9100 and internal requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of GD&T, drawings & specifications interpretation
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide solutions
- Strong hands on experience in performing quality inspection checks process control checks & working per GE-Aviation specific customer P specs, GE visual inspection of finished & purchased product norms.
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously and Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of AS 9100 , AMS , S1000 / S1002 standards.
- Knowledge of Basic Lean and Six Sigma Methodology
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com
We Build It
At GE Aviation, we invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GE9X engines, driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us, you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead.