Position – Design Drafter
Company – Flowserve
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Design Drafter – GTEC, Chennai
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Produces working drawings from layouts or sketches, using standard drawing procedures.
- Execute engineering tasks by sourcing required inputs. Perform pilot review of engineering tasks for completeness, organize missing information’s to perform jobs
- Collect initial drawings, calculations and design ideas from engineers, and combine all relevant data into coherent and complete initial design models for review and modification
- Prepares and maintains detailed design drawings, schematics or specifications using CAD software.
- Generate 2D detail drawings, 3D models, assemblies of Pump/Valves/Seals components using CAD software.
- Performing tasks associated with complicated layout design for non-standard products and generating shop floor fabrication drawing.
- Generate Bill of materials for assembly drawings for the retrofit jobs and ensure the design compliments the challenges from customer.
- Prepares parts lists and material schedules and allocates subsidiary drawing reference numbers for sub-assemblies.
- Ensures dimensional suitability by using known standards and allocates necessary tolerances
- Create GAD, drawings of Pump/Valves/Seals assemblies /sectional layouts and manufacturing (Casting, Fabrication/ Weldment and Machining) drawings by following established engineering standards and procedures for product design to produce consistent and reliable results.
- Perform work that is varied and complex, under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates workable knowledge on product specific international standards.
- Perform engineering calculations and develop tools for productivity improvements.
- Understand the basic functions of documentation control, document preservation and computer filing
- Annotate and verify all numerical designations and specifications in technical drawings and schematics, using both CAD programs and manual calculations when necessary
- Assist in ongoing project to standardize and unify design document standards by participating in meetings and preparing presentation materials as necessary
- Look for continuous improvements in every action, drive team to implement the changes successfully.
- Hands on experience on 2D and 3D CAD tools (AutoCAD mechanical / Autodesk Inventor/ PTC Creo/ SolidWorks)
- Experience in creating drawings for manufacturing product, technical manuals and publications
- Should be familiar with manufacturing processes and working knowledge on patterns, castings, welding and machining processes.
- Knowledge on database management tools such as PTC Windchill, Autodesk Vault 2012 andany ERP/PLM is preferred.
- Good ability to read and understand engineering drawings/documents/reports
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Good engineering, business, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle frequent change in priorities and handling multiple tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills including general Microsoft applications and e-mail.
Primary Posting Location: Chennai, India
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Job Advertising Title: Design Drafter
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 52672BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to [email protected] In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words “Accommodation Request” as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.