Position – Engineer I
Company – Textron India PVT Limited
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) is not only one of the world’s best known multi-industry companies, it is a pioneer of the diversified business model. Founded in 1923, we are headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.A.. Organizationally, consists of numerous subsidiaries and operating divisions, which are responsible for the day-to-day operation of their businesses. While we take great pride in our long history, we are even more excited by the future. Our vision is to be the premier multi-industry company, recognized for our powerful brands, world-class enterprise processes and talented people. By placing customers first in everything we do, Textron continues to grow as an industry leader with strong brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Textron Systems and Greenlee, among others. For more details please visit www.textron.com
Textron India Private Limited in Bangalore was incorporated in 2004 under the Companies Act, 1956, to better serve customers of Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) around the world. This is a global resource that provides engineering and technological solutions for many Textron business units. We provide engineering and design services including but not limited to drafting, computer aided design, computer aided engineering, solid modeling, finite element analysis, sourcing, business development, marketing and other related activities and services in relation to the above sectors. Our facility has electronics labs and the potential for a vehicle and mechanical engineering workshop. For more details please visit www.textron.in
About the Business Unit:
- The Textron Aviation segment is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. Its product portfolio includes five principal lines of business: business jets, general aviation and special mission turboprop aircraft, high performance piston aircraft, military trainer and defense aircraft, and a complete global customer service organization. Its broad range of products include such best-selling aircraft as Citation and Hawker business jets, King Air and Caravan turboprops and T-6 military trainer aircraft, all of which are backed by the industry’s largest global service network. For more details please visit www.textronaviation.com
- Incumbent will be responsible developing solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope. He/she has limited use and/or application of technical principles, theories, and concepts. Work is closely supervised. Incumbent should specific, detailed instructions to complete the task. Performs assignments designed to develop professional engineering work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Prepare engineering drawings for avionics and electrical system interface wiring using computer based drafting tools (CATIA/CCD and/or IAI HarnesSys/Mentor Graphics).
- Perform analyses requiring frequent application of engineering principles.
- Will utilize electronic test equipment to verify avionics and electrical systems meet design requirements and/or for system troubleshooting.
- Will write technical descriptions of subject matter pertinent to design or test requirements. (Descriptions of supplier parts, test or rigging specifications, etc.)
- Prepare functional test documents for avionics and electrical systems.
- Prepare certification documentation including certification plans, ground and flight test plans and certification reports showing avionics and electrical systems compliance with 14 CFR Part 23/25.
- Will evaluate and analyze avionics and electrical system design for completion of function hazard assessments and system safety assessments.
- Note: These statements are intended to describe the general nature of the job and are intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties.
- Electronic drafting experience with CATIA-CADAM (CCD), IAI HarnesSys/Mentor Graphics is desired, expereince with CATIA V5/V6 and VPM is helpful.
- Strong computer, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint are required, Access and Project experience is desired.
- Time management skills are required to work multiple concurrent projects of various size and scope.
- Experience with use of electronic test equipment is required.
- Design knowledge of electrical bonding criteria, thermal cooling requirements for electronic equipment, EMI shielding, and High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF) / Indirect Effects of Lightning (IEL) installation criteria is considered a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communications
- A good team player
- Problem-solving skills
- Cross cultural work experiences
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical/Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering with 2-4 years of relevant experience.
Job Field – Engineering
Primary Location India – Bangalore-Mylasandra
Recruiting Company – Textron India PVT Limited
Schedule – Full-time
Job Level Individual – Contributor
Shift – First Shift
Job Posting – 10/12/2021, 2:26:55 PM