Position – Junior Engineer
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Description Summary
As part of the GE India Multi-modal renewable team, the Jr. Engineer is responsible for assembly of Steam Turbine. Also responsible for Tools & tackle monitoring, continuous improvements on cost reduction. Also, responsible to produce defect free products.
- Ability to complete Assembly of Steam Turbine.
- Ability to analyze and interpret design drawings, manuals, SOP and other material to determine finish product.
- Ensures to maintain high standard of 5 ’S’ on shop lines.
- Follows all safety norms laid by GE. Strives for zero accidents and reports near misses.
- Takes care of tools & equipment and maintain them properly.
- Ability to interact with interdepartmental peoples.
- Highest Levels of Personal Integrity and Safety Mindset.
- Inventory control on shop floor including WIP return.
- Ensures to build right product with zero customer complaint.
- Ensures for process improvements to achieve targeted matrix.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- 2-4 years of Experience in Steam Turbine Assembly
- Expertise in leveling of Base Plate and aligning of Casing ,Pedestals and Rotor.
- Familiar with Stop valve and control valve assembly including shrink fit techniques
- Hands on experience of blue matching of heavy parts
- Through knowledge on steam path clearance measurement
- Familiar with measuring instruments and measurement techniques
- Hands on experience of power tools and hand tools
- Team player, Cross functional reporting skills
- Strong organizational skills, MS office.
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously.
- Knowledge of 5S, Lean and Six Sigma Methodology.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, and superior follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and primary responsibilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, colleagues, suppliers, and customers
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and negotiation skills.
- Highly energetic and success driven
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
About the Company
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com
We Build It
At GE Aviation, we invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GE9X engines, driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us, you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead.