Position – CAD Engineer
Company – Molex
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Responsible for supporting design & development of DSS (Datacom & Specialty Solutions) products, tooling, gages and fixtures.
Executes the project and delivers to the customer with minimum supervision. Manages product modifications through the complete implementation process to develop designs that meet or exceed product performance specifications per internal Molex standards, industry standards or customer specifications to a planned schedule. Supports engineering team on all projects in 3D Modeling, 2D Drawings, engineering changes, technical documents, product testing, etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support design, development, and modification of DSS products, tooling, gages and fixtures that meet or exceed customer expectations. Design includes all aspects of product development such as 3D Modeling, 2D Drawings, design layouts, engineering changes, technical documents, tolerance analysis, product testing, etc. Utilizes a working knowledge of material costs and manufacturing processes to determine the impact on various design attributes. Provides input to the DFMEA and DFM of the product, as required.
- Works with manufacturing engineering to develop manufacturing processes utilizing the latest 3D CAD modeling techniques and other DFM tools.
- Provides technical support to customers, suppliers, and new product development teams.
- Executes design, tooling projects from development of the concept through volume production.
- Need to focus on value creation through innovation & process improvement.
- Checks engineering, manufacturing and sales and engineering drawings for completeness and accuracy.
- Understands and applies Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T) to all engineering drawings
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written, that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Support design, development & modifications of DSS products, tooling, gages and fixtures. Products are designed using 3D CAD solid models, 2D detailed engineering drawings, GD&T, FMEA & component FAI. Completes projects according to internal product development procedures and ISO/QS requirements.
REQUIRED: Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
PREFERRED: Master’s/Additional qualification in product design, or, tooling engineering
2 years in design of gage and fixture, tooling design, and/or, design of plastic, sheetmetal & machined components. 3D modeling & 2D drafting experience
Product design, gage & fixture design, tooling design, 3D modeling and 2D drafting in NX software
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience in designing plastic, sheet metal & machined components
- Experience in design of gage and fixture, mold and sheet metal tooling designs
- Proficient in solid modeling experience to generate 3D models & 2-D drawings
- Analytical ability to apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observe results and make corrections
- Strong understanding of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Power Point
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and in a team
- Travel will be required as necessary
- Material and manufacturing knowledge of plastic, sheet metal & machined components
- Proficient in Siemens NX 11 and PLM/PDM