EATON is Hiring | Engineer |
Position – Engineer – Reliability
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineer Reliability based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Eaton is a power management company with 2019 sales of $21.4 billion. Its energy-efficient solutions help customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more reliably, safely and sustainably. The company is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton employs 100,000 people worldwide and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
- Eaton’s Research Lab (ERL) located in Pune, India has an opening for Reliability Engineer in Center for Reliability & Safety team within the Eaton India Innovation Center. Eaton’s research lab focuses on the front end of innovation by: conducting research to advance the state of the art, emphasizing cross-business impact technologies, and innovating to provide Eaton’s customers with safe, efficient, and reliable power management solutions.
- This role is established for Center for Reliability & Safety team and will be working on electrical power distribution products. The core responsibilities of this position are following:
- Responsible for delivering Design for Reliability work packages across multiple New Product Introduction (NPI) and Sustaining Engineering (SE) projects of Eaton’s Electrical product lines with high quality and meeting project schedules.
- Responsible to identify and mitigate reliability risks under guidance & follow reliability sign-off process for NPIs.
- Responsible for building product/component failure data repository doing warranty data analysis and driving problem solving for top warranty issues as needed.
- Create and/or revise DFR deliverables such as Reliability goal setting, Reliability Predictions, Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Accelerated Life Test , Reliability Demonstration Test (RDT), Reliability Growth analysis ,FRACAS for NPIs, VAVE projects and/or existing product improvements.
- Work with cross functional team as well as global reliability engineering team for designing in reliability on NPI programs and/or existing product improvements, VAVE projects & responsible for identifying, managing and mitigating reliability risks under supervision of senior.
- Planning project milestones, executing milestones, conducting deliverables reviews, communication with stakeholder and on-job development through technical mentoring.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics Engineering. Preferred: Master’s Degree in Reliability Engineering.
- Master’s Degree in Reliability Engineering with 0-1 year experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3-4 year experience in electrical power distribution products
- Skilled in the areas of reliability statistics, FMEA, 8D,FRACAS, life modelling & analyzing field/warranty data into relevant life and failure rate information.
- Experience with any industry proven reliability analysis suite of tools like Minitab, Reliasoft preferred.
- Desired: Work experience in the Electro-mechanical systems preferably power distribution, circuit breakers etc.
- Preferred: DFSS GB certified from reputed organization etc.
- Learning agility- curious, adaptable and willing (open) to learn while on job
- Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
- Problem Solving- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, Is excellent at honest analysis Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers
- Decision quality – makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only