Position – Junior Engineer- Quality
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Description Summary
As part of the GE India Multi-modal Manufacturing team, the Quality inspector is responsible for establishing an efficient and continually improving In-process quality systems as per AS 9100 / ISO 9001 and internal GE QMS norms. Own & drive key Quality deliverables in the projects including analysis & certifying aviation hardware per internal quality inspection requirements.
- The position will report to the Quality Manger.
- Responsible to carry out inspections in quality per internal QMS procedural requirements.
- Work closely with manufacturing / production & Quality system teams to develop and implement AS 9100 procedures & systems & support driving end to end production quality flow downs.
- Willingness to work & get qualified to Cross functional quality cells along with working with HPT teams for daily analysis of yield improvement , EHS & process improvisation projects.
- Contribute to continual improvement through audit programs, assessment / of various non-conformances and driving corrective actions identified through Root Cause Analysis.
- Understanding of site quality QMS procedures & policies.
- Understanding of process & yield improvement tools like RCA , KAIZENS , 7 QC tools etc.
- Inspecting production hardware , attending to customer complaint analysis & stock verifications where required.
- Providing technical analysis and evaluation both manually and automatically to assigned inspection processes
- Providing training, and support to shop operations, design and manufacturing to assure effective Quality Assurance
- Maintaining awareness of the latest inspection techniques & processes and their beneficial and limiting aspects for optimum application
- Pursuing continuous improvement for quality & cost reductions projects.
- Actively contributing to non conformance event management & analysis.
- First Class Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- 3 + Years of Experience in Aviation industry in the fields of aviation quality inspection & product acceptance.
- Working knowledge of AS 9100 and internal requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of GD&T, drawings & specifications interpretation
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide solutions
- Strong hands on experience in performing quality inspection checks process control checks & working per GE-Aviation specific customer P specs, GE visual inspection of finished & purchased product norms.
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously and Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of AS 9100 , AMS , S1000 / S1002 standards.
- Knowledge of Aviation / Aerospace NDT standards , ASTM Standards.
- Knowledge of Basic Lean and Six Sigma Methodology
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes