Position – Associate Manufacturing Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing India Engineering and Technology Centre is currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team in Chennai, India. As an Entry Level Manufacturing Engineer, you will be part of a global team working on providing ME solutions to a wide range of Boeing products and services across the world.
A successful candidate in this role is expected to assist in the preparation of build plan artifacts, authoring assembly work instructions and managing manufacturing bill of materials. The incumbent shall have a good understanding of aerospace manufacturing processes, aerospace materials and interpreting design definitions.
This position offers opportunities to be part of integrated project teams and collaborate with various Boeing sites on problem solving, standardizing processes and manufacturability of products.
Be a part of our passionate and motivated team that always keep an eye to identify potential opportunities to improve and standardize the assembly process for our diverse range of products.
- Author and modifies Installation plan for Aircraft Structural assemblies, Systems and Payloads.
- Implement Standard works in assembly operations for Boeing products.
- Participates in the implementation of manufacturing plans. Assist in technical problem solving.
- Review existing assembly process and drive process improvements.
- Exercises critical thinking and innovative problem solving.
- Supports the development and implementation of production and tooling methodologies.
- Supports the development, identification and implementation of conceptual designs and maintenance of the program architecture for build.
- Participates in the implementation of Lean principles and technologies.
- Interfaces with Integrated Product teams and internal customers to develop products, skills, knowledge and experience.
Basic Skills Needed:
- 0 – 2 year of experience with Aerospace industry.
- Knowledge of Aerospace Manufacturing & Assembly operations.
- General Drawing Interpretation & GD&T knowledge.
- Knowledge of Aerospace Materials and Processes.
- Basic skills with CATIA/NX modelling software’s.
- 4 year Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical/Production Engineering
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) is preferred. Additional qualifications like Masters with relevant experience is desirable.
This position offers relocation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.