Position – Assistant Engineer- Metallurgy Laboratory and Special Processes
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Description Summary
As part of the GE India Multi-modal Manufacturing team, the assistant Engineer -Metallurgical laboratory and special processes is responsible for establishing an efficient and continually improving metallurgical testing as per GE aviation and industry specifications including AS 9100 / ISO 9001 and internal GE QMS norms. Own & drive key Quality deliverables in the metallurgy laboratory operations including metallography analysis & certifying aviation hardware per internal quality inspection requirements .
- The position will report to the Senior manager Manufacturing -special processes .
- Responsible to carry out metallurgical inspections of the material samples including welding test coupons – welder qualification, Recast layer verifications, hardness test coupons after heat treating as customer specific and per internal QMS procedural requirements and ensure documentation.
- Work closely with manufacturing / production & Quality system teams to develop and implement , S400 , AS 9100 procedures & systems & support driving end to end production quality flow downs.
- Willingness to work & get qualified to Cross functional quality cells along with working with HPT teams for daily analysis of yield improvement of brazing process, EHS & process improvisation projects.
- Contribute to continual improvement through audit programs, assessment / of various non-conformances and driving corrective actions identified through Root Cause Analysis.
- Understanding of site quality QMS procedures & policies.
- Understanding of process & yield improvement tools like RCA , KAIZENS , 7 QC tools etc.
- Inspecting production hardware , attending to customer complaint analysis
- Providing training, and support to shop operations, supporting the multi skilling of the team members and manufacturing to assure effective Quality Assurance
- Maintaining awareness of the latest inspection techniques & processes and their beneficial and limiting aspects for optimum application
- Maintaining the process control documentation related to chemical processes , heat treating and brazing .
- Performing weekly solution analysis of clean line solutions as per the established procedures and maintaining the documentation as per NADCAP requirements.
- Pursuing continuous improvement for quality & cost reductions projects.
- Actively contributing to non conformance event management & analysis.
- First Class Diploma in Metallurgy / mechanical Engineering
- 3 + Years of Experience in Aviation industry in the fields of aviation quality inspection , metallurgy testing , solution analysis in the laboratory in the
- Working knowledge of AS 9100 and internal requirements.
- Strong working knowledge drawings & Industry aspecifications interpretation
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide solutions
- Strong hands on experience in performing quality inspection including braze inspection , material testing including mechanical testing , process control checks & working per GE-Aviation specific customer P specifications
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously and Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Aviation / Aerospace , ASTM Standards , working knowledge of NADCAP requirements and compliance
- Knowledge of Basic Lean and Six Sigma Methodology
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com