Position – Senior Design Engineer
Company – Garrett Advancing Motion
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
- Responsible for complex design work, such as Engine packaging, Tolerance stackup, surface modeling and layouts.
- Leads design on new product lines or application development projects.
- Takes initiative to solve design issues and solves customer/supplier issues with minimal guidance.
- Applies design standards/practices and GD&T during product development.
- Good working experience in handling Sand/Die Cast components.
- Proficient in design methodologies and tools and encourages others in new methods and tools.
- Work with customer and suppliers to resolve APQP and launch issues.
- Work closely with cross functional teams during design reviews for design freeze
- Experience in FEA, CFD & 3D stack up tools will be plus.
- Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical Engineering or related
- 3-5 years relevant experience in mechanical engineering
- Strong design skills in mechanical parts and components
- Experience in manufacturing process, such as casting, machining, stamping
- Strong knowledge about GD&T and its application
- Proficient in 3D design software CATIA Skills.
- Good plan and schedule management skills
- Technology exchange capabilities with customers, suppliers and management team.
- Team work spirit.
This is an exciting time to join Garrett Motion! Garrett is one of the automotive industry’s most iconic brands, supplying cutting-edge technology solutions to nearly every major automaker and truck manufacturer in the world. Recognized for more than 65 years for its ground-breaking turbochargers, Garrett is today leading the breakthrough of new electric boosting applications and software solutions that will continue to make vehicles safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friendly.
The Garrett Engineering organization is responsible for developing a differentiated product portfolio of boosting solutions that enables our customers to set new benchmarks in vehicle performance – both for our traditional core turbocharger business as well as new growth areas such as electrification and software.