Position – CAD Draftsman
Company – Howden
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
The Big Picture
Howden are a global engineering business who focus on providing clients with industrial products that help multiple sectors improve their everyday processes. Howden’s core focus is on providing quality solutions for air and gas handling, and have over a century of experience in doing so.
As a CAD draftsman –PCOG India, you need to Create arrangement and detail drawings for fabrication, machining and assembly of products, in line with Howden and International standards and customer requirements. Also to support and maintain the development of the software that will interact with Inventor, while providing a graphical user interface for engineers and CAD operators in all Business Units handling fans, Compressors, Blowers and Fans for Indian Market in compliance to Howden std and customer/project requirements.
What Needs To Be Done?
- Produce OEM and Aftermarket drawings based on Howden design rules and client’s requirements or specifications.
- Ensure that the quality of detail effectively describes the design.
- Check others drawings using formatted check sheets or own experience to ensure accuracy of dimensions and descriptions.
- Compile drawing bills of material for products using Howden numbering system and ensure correct data is quoted for system related parts.
- Implement changes on OEM or standard product drawings and check sheets in conjunction with design engineering.
- Work with production and engineering development to improve design for manufacture and accuracy of company software.
- Select appropriate weld procedures for engineering verification.
- Carry out site visits for equipment assessment and measurement for retrofits.
- Assist new Drawing Office staff and contract staff.
- Keep accurate records of drawing and document issue dates and revisions utilising company methods.
- Adhere to health and safety standards in compliance with company policy and legislation
- Participate in continuous improvement and quality activities
What Do You Need To Bring?
- A substantial body of 3D Inventor modelling skills/experience
- Mechanical Engineering background.
- Proven ability to generate mechanical detail and arrangement drawings in a production environment.
- Good communication skills and team working.
- Computer literacy, competency in MS Office applications
- Proficiency in Auto Cad and knowledge of Inventor.
- Technical report writing
- Ability to make technical presentations
- Experience in Petrochemical, Oil and Gas, Chemical and water industry.
- Experience in detailed design of systems for rotating equipment (preferable compressors/fans)
- Hands on site experience.
- Good mechanical knowledge
- Ability to read and understand mechanical engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Ability to perform design calculations and analysis from ‘first principles
- Auto CAD skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Problem solving ability
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment.
What Will You Get in Return?
You will have the opportunity to work for a global engineering organization in a challenging and dynamic role with great development opportunities. We offer a competitive salary along with a great benefits package.
The advantages of working at Howden:
Worldwide business – Liaise with our colleagues in 27 countries.
We offer global and local opportunities – 6000 employees and world leading engineers, who create cutting edge developments – You will be a part of over 160 years of innovation and development that continues today with our digital solutions. At Howden we have a strong corporate identity and purpose – You will be a member of our team, shaping the future of the world and tackling some of the most pressing issues facing the planet.
Our products and organisation are Revolving Around You – Our culture promotes individual development to enhance our most important asset – our people.