Position – Process Quality Engineer
Company – Garrett Advancing Motion
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive module RCA’ to address issues impacting IPPM and Scrap Cost, customer pass thru’ at OP60 station.
- Address Module team escalations and day to day management of PQ team shift planning/ leave planning.
- Publish ECP pass thru’ on weekly basis with action/RCA in place for key issues. Drive timely elimination of ECP liaising with CQE team for NPI.
- Responsible to handle third party inspection members including competency development and cost control.
- Ensure timely completion of Quarterly Long-term Process Capability study and highlight issues before hand.
- Lead module RCA meetings for chronic / critical issues related to Manufacturing process.
- Prepare cause analysis & improvement actions for the Quality issues impacting IPPM & Scrap cost.
- Prepare Pareto analysis followed by month top 3 issues improvement actions through 8D / RCA ( Scrap & IPPM)
- Support for issues analysis and implementing actions related to Customer complaints / Concerns
- Responsible for module IPPM and Scrap management MOS/ Reviews on weekly and monthly basis
- Responsible for driving disposal decision on hold TC’ at shop floor due to Quality issues.
- Arrange Kaizen events and Specially assigned Improvement projects related to scrap cost & IPPM
- Ensure timely completion of GRR / Kappa studies for FA.
- Periodic verification of inspection activities like FPA, Inprocess inspection, PY verification, etc.
- Responsible for handover of masters at the time PPAP and overall VSR master management & validation
- Support to adhere 6M/change management related to manufacturing process and other changes affecting product quality.
- Publish overall deviation process status and escalate in case of overdue.
- Responsible for driving sorting related activities for TCs and sub-assemblies inside the plant.
- Ensure compliance to I.A.T.F. 16949 requirements related to PQA function and conduct process audits.
- Conduct effective Gemba audits, Zero defect audits, contribute in reverse PFMEA through IPPM defect monitoring and sharing data to ME on time.
- Represent PQ in daily module tier meetings and monitor key actions for CAPA.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Good analytical skills including 5W2H, CAR/RPS, 8D
- Knowledge & hands on experience in application of MSA, FMEA, SPC, PPAP & APQP
- Shall know overall PPAP process. Will be an added advantage of knowing/doing PPAP of major Automotive OEM’ like Ford, GM, FCA.
- Good knowledge of GD&T, overall ECN mgt. process for drawing changes.
- Basic knowledge of SAP / MHS / Traceability process will be preferable.
- Hands on experience on creating Poka-Yoke masters and industry Error Proofing practices/management.
- Self-learning and adaptability to new standards like PI’ and QCI’, prepare WI, GUI per standard documents.
- Good communication skill to handle interdepartmental team
- Good knowledge of Excel & PowerPoints
- Good Team player, time management.
- Experience in handling quality issues & resolution through systematic application of quality tools.
- Handle module escalation process
- Knowledge of Process audit & Product audits
- Knowledge of traceability management for analysis of issues and assessment of risk
- Knowledge of Turbocharger, SWA product and process
- Knowledge of IATF 16949 requirements
Experience and Education Required:
DME Mechanical with 5 to 7 years’ experience in reputed automotive industry in the area of process Quality or related function.