Position – Engineer – Package
Company – Air Products
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Package Engineer with significant industry experience to join the successful engineering team based in our Vadodara, India office. This role’s primary focus will be executing technical aspects of the packaged equipment scope of work for a range of projects including gasification and process gases facilities. You will play a critical role in the development of competitive proposals for new business opportunities .
As a Package Engineer, you will:
- Work with the proposal team (including third party engineering firms) to develop a competitive basis for the package equipment scope and its integration into the process cycle, represent the Machinery Engineering function in project planning activities and prepare the functional execution strategy and manhours estimate aligned to the project scope, overall execution strategy and schedule in Pre-FEED and PDP phases
- Execution for technical elements of critical package equipment on assigned projects during BED and DED phases with responsibility for delivering committed work on-schedule and on-budget
- Represent the Machinery Engineering function in cross-functional project meetings including P&ID review, HAZOP, layout review and model review
- Prepare the execution strategy for out-sourced packaged equipment and processing facilities including defining the scope of supply, cross-functional input to the specification, cross-functional technical risk management strategy and cross-functional design review throughout order execution (as appropriate to the scope and complexity of the package)
- Participate in project planning activities
- Prepare technical specification packages for enquiry/purchase and undertake technical review, bid tabulation/evaluation and risk assessment of supplier proposals, coordinating the necessary cross-functional input to support this
- Liaise with the other engineering functions and coordinate cross-functional review of supplier drawings to facilitate integration of purchased equipment into the overall plant design compliant with Air Products engineering standards and the project scope requirements
- Facilitate cross-functional package review meetings including P&ID review, HAZOP, layout review and model review
- Witness shop inspections and acceptance testing of purchased equipment
- Provide technical support throughout the project construction and commissioning phases retaining overall technical responsibility for equipment until successful handover to the customer
- Provide feedback to continuously improve the competitiveness of internal engineering standards and work processes for out-sourced packaged equipment and processing facilities.
- The role will require international travel to suppliers and project sites. Approximately 20% of your time may be spent travelling with some extended durations at project job sites to support construction, commissioning and start-up of packaged equipment.
- The role will be primarily focused on gasification, ammonia and process gases facilities but may include air separation facilities depending on team workload.
Background & Experience
As a Package Engineer, you will have:
- Minimum of degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering with more than 7 years of experience.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and leading the execution of out-sourced packaged equipment and processing facilities with schedule and budget responsibility (or similar related experience)
- Working experience on centrifugal/ reciprocating compressors, blowers, steam turbines, pumps, silencers, cooling towers, air cooling condensers, etc. in Gasification, Process gases industry, Oil & Gas, or Petrochemical Industry a plus.
- Should have Experience in Gasification, O&G & process gases industry. Ammonia, Methanol, and SRU unit experience would be an be an advantage.
- Candidate should have good communication, teamwork and influencing skills.
- Able to read and write in fluently in English and possess an acceptable level of English speaking to be able to interact with people from US, Europe and Asia.
- A demonstrable understanding of cross-functional interfaces and overcoming associated challenges in an EPC environment for processing facilities
- A dedicated and driven approach with a strong grasp of technical principals, attention to detail and desire to continually learn, improve and contribute.