Position – Assistant Manager Projects
Company – General Mills
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra, IN
India Foods Business is a full-service manufacturing and marketing unit comprising over 500 employees spread across over multiple locations across India. Our strong suite of products includes the Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Haagen-Dazs and Nature Valley brands in both direct-to-consumer and B2B channels across Retail, Food Service and Bakeries & Exports. We combine the capabilities of a global enterprise with the entrepreneurial spirit and cultural awareness you would expect of a smaller local company.Job Description:Assistant Manager ProjectsNashik – IndiaGeneral Mills is seeking outstanding candidates for this business-critical role.As an Assistant Manager Projects & Maintenance with General Mills you will work with the US based MNC, in Nasik PlantOverall responsible for the Projects (Improvements & Capital), engineering & maintenance ( Plant , Equipment’s & Utilities), process and setting engineering standards for the new projects & improvement projects for the entire plant to ensure smooth running of the production at minimum cost without compromising with the quality of work. Ensure the plant safety, regulatory compliance. The role is internal customer facing and is characterized by continuous improvement.Roles & Responsibilities
- Preparation of Master Plan for the site in line with agreed manufacturing plant strategy
- Identify capital expenditure requirement for the plant for productivity, quality, GMP improvement or for de-bottlenecking
- Prepare, monitor, and execute the capital expenditure budget for the plant
- Prepare and get approval for capital expenditure proposal for the identified need along with details like Scope, Justification, ROI, and cost estimates
- Overall responsibility for execution of approved capital projects, which includes Design, Detailed engineering, procurement, installation, and commissioning to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- Ensure project is executed within sanctioned budget and time while ensuring safety and quality of output at all times.
- Manage the construction activities while ensuring safety, statutory compliance, security of project material with minimum interference to the existing operations.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring proper project documentation / records including process descriptions, operator procedures, asset register, maintenance schedules, P&ID, GA’s, electrical schematics, loop drawings, I/O layouts.
- Responsible to maintain the quality standards are maintained in the Shifts i.e. CGMP, HACCP & other quality requirements as per General Mills Quality policy.
Strategic Leadership: (Cont’d)Maintenance
- Initiate, implement, and manage the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the food industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Monitor & Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure effective data capturing for tracking work orders, down time, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Track, analyze and improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Prepare report; analyze data and makes recommendations for improving plant operations / availability and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Monitor / Control the use, storage and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Maintain safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure legal requirements/ regulations relating to the maintenance department (MSEB, MPCB, MIDC, Factory department and Weights & Measures etc) are met at all times.
- Monitor and control the cost of maintenance, power and fuel and other utilities against budget and refine budget to ease justification and control of these costs.
- Asset Care – To maintain Asset register & Assets tagging, identification & review of assets.
- Ensure effective operation of all utilities & manufacturing equipment to ensure that products are produced to the quality & cost requirements as per standards set by the company.
- Maintain machinery to ensure optimum availability, minimal downtime, maximum efficiency, and maximum capacity utilization.
- Maintain the set quality standards in the Utilities & Production Area i.e. CGMP, HACCP & other quality requirements.
- Ensure that maintenance team is adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, cost-effective manner.
- Conduct employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians.
- Establish & execute development plans for the team
- Maintain and updates procedures and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Support and accelerate the growth of TPM and continuous improvement Culture among workmen & executives
Operational Leadership: (Cont’d)
- Work with Plant leadership team to implement different people processes at Plant level
- Developing personal credibility throughout GMI; others trust him/her to make major decisions
- Establish, implement & own business processes in Maintenance & Projects function
Working Across Organization:
- Formulate & update the process documents, in consultation with the Factory Manager.
- To identify benchmarks for various manufacturing activities and implement steps and processes to take our processes to those benchmarks.
- Contribute as cross function team member in different organizational projects
- Establishing systems and processes that reward and reinforce active learning
Skills & Qualifications
Candidates will possess the following attributes:Skills / Knowledge
- Project Management
- Environment, Health and Safety
- Knowledge of Statutory requirements, Factory related laws.
- Knowledge of Indian Standards, Codes, and practices.
- Negotiation / Costing Skills
- Maintenance Systems
- ERP Systems Knowledge
- Inventory Management
- Supplier Assessment and Vendor Development
- TPM / Continuous improvement
- Sound knowledge of troubleshooting and RCA tools
- Risk Management and Raising Alarms
- Strategic and Innovative Thinking
- Energizes and Develops People
- Business Acumen
- Broad Perspective
- Process Leadership
- Communication, Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical/Critical Thinking Skills
- Highest integrity and standards
- Self-starter, initiative
- Ability to influence diverse audiences/customers
- Ability to provide technical leadership to cross-functional teams
- Professional Maturity/Resilience
- Relationship Management
Qualifications and ExperienceB.E. Mechanical / Electrical, with sound knowledge of Engineering and Manufacturing Operations and about 5 to 8 years of experience with reputed FMCG / Chemical Pharmaceutical industries. Necessary to have experience in Maintenance & Project execution, implementation of CI & TPM methodology.General Mills Leadership Expectations
- Integrity – Do the Right Thing
- Talent – Grow and Inspire
- Collaboration – Win as a Team
- Urgency – Act Boldly, Move Quickly
- Results – Play to Win
Company Overview:We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.