Position – Engineer
Company – Garrett Advancing Motion
Location – Madurai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Develops technology solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. Reviews systems under development and related documentation. Creates prototypes. Codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements software applications. Develops applications applying all applicable development Garrett standards.
2.1 Agile Applications Development
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features;
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications;
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications;
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines.
2.2. Simulation and automation
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch;
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing;
- Troubleshoot and debug applications;
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features;
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code.
2.3. Applications support.
- Write detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer operators;
- Consult manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge;
- Update, repair, modify and develop existing software and generic applications.
If applicable, assigned ITOM role is an integral part of job description. For full ITOM roles description, click on the link below:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Engineering degree in computer science or IT or Mechanical with Programming skills
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Agile project management concepts
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools;
- Understanding of software design and programming principles;
- Knowledge of Database CRUD operations and Normalization
- Excellent knowledge of different Technologies (C Sharp, .net, Java, data structure, etc.), Object-oriented design (OOD);
- Logical reasoning can quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts;
- High-level design and architecture concepts;
- Basic DevOps Skills for CI & CD;