Position – Engineer – Quality
Company – Flex
Location – Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu, IN
At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always.
Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose – to make great products that create value and improve people’s lives.
The Engineer – Quality will be based in Hosur. Responsible to maintain quality engineering programs, standards, and improvements within the organization.
Here is a glimpse of what you will do:
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for the disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing products and tabulating data concerning materials, product or process quality and reliability.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Supports Product Engineers and Quality Program Managers with customer interfaces as necessary on quality-related issues.
- Assures data availability and integrity for all quality-related data. Consolidates and reports quality results.
- Initiates corrective action requests as needed and tracks to satisfactory completion.
- Assists with development and implementation of quality audits.
- Responsible for developing, applying, revising and maintaining quality standards for processing materials into partially finished or finished products
- Designs and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and/or production equipment.
- Analyzes reports and returned products and recommends corrective action.
- Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Approves product, process, and equipment qualifications Provides liaison to various regulatory bodies
Here is some of what you will need (required):
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Use of the following tools may be required: Electronic Assembly: color code, component, schematics.
- May require various PCB operations. Testing: oscilloscope, cable and harness testing, troubleshooting, component testing, logic analyzer. Inspection: bare board, systems, components, cable and harness, microscope, measuring tools. Mechanical & Electrical Tools: taps and dies, alignment tools, measuring tools. Office skills: telephones, data entry, office software to include, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation package.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees of organization.
- Must have knowledge of relevant regulatory standards and applicable regulations
- Demonstrates operations and technical skills and understanding of Flex’s functional standards.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of functional concepts and a solid understanding of Flex policies and procedures.
- Typically requires some knowledge of computerized electronic test equipment and programming.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate with managers and employees of the organizations
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Good Analytical skills.
- Proficiency in local languages.
Job Category – Quality
Optional Skills: Flex pays for all costs associated with the application, interview or offer process, a candidate will not be asked for any payment related to these costs.
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We’re happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: