Position – Design Engineer 1 1 1 1
Company – AMETEK Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
What you will do as a Design Engineer: As a Design Engineer, you will work as an integral part of our business, alongside Project Engineering and manufacturing, technical services, and management teams to support company-created custom designs as well as create designs from customers’ pre-existing details. This position is pivotal to our business process and plays an important role in us being the baseline we need to begin all other parts of our engineering, company, and customer expertise. The key to success as a Design Engineer is the ability to gain an understanding of our products and offers, the manner in which they work and can be manufactured, and the ability to apply this to new creative design and pre-existing layouts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a detailed design of mechanical components and systems including: piping, vessels, heating components, specialty components, mechanical devices, and others from current designs or by translating design intent from written / oral / diagram information and produce creative solutions
- Optimize designs based on considerations for code compliance, cost, manufacturing ability, operability, safety, robustness, and others
- Produce professional and clear drawings to be used to manufacture and install/commission the components
- Coordinate with project managers and engineers, manufacturing leadership, other Design Engineers and design technicians to assure processes are leading to a smooth project execution
- Peer review work performed by others for accuracy and optimization CSI offers our team a great opportunity to make an impact at a decentralized organization that has a small company feel, but large global company resources. We are passionate about building a winning organization, increasing the knowledge of our teams, empowering our people, and creating long-term careers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or related discipline
- Previous application of design principles in an academic or professional environment
- Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD knowledge
- Able to calculate complex formulas in MS Excel and other software programs
- Superb customer skills to support customers and work with internal departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work with internal and external customers
AMETEK is committed to making a safer, sustainable, and more productive world a reality. We use differentiated technology solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. We employ 18,500 colleagues, in 30 countries, that are grounded by our core values: Ethics and Integrity, Respect for the Individual, Diversity and Inclusion, Teamwork, and Social Responsibility. AMETEK (NYSE:AME) is a component of the S&P 500. Visit www.ametek.com for more information.