Position – Mechanical Quote Engineer
Company – Flex
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
The Material Quote Engineer will be based in Chennai.
Description: The key responsibilities of for this position includes; prepare the quote based on the 2d/3d drawing and information provided by the customer, creation of costing for plastic & metal components/ tooling cost using Flex costing methodology in supporting the business bidding process.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you will do:
- Candidate has primary responsibility to prepare the mechanical quotes based on the 2d/3d drawing and information provided by the customer.
- Candidate is responsible for creation of costing for Sheet Metal components, assemblies & NRE cost using Flex costing methodology.
- Provide recommendation and costing assumptions if there is insufficient information provided by customer.
- Identifying best tooling solution based on information provided by customer.
- Understand various type of secondary process available example, Welding, Powder coat applications, Staking, Plating, Hardware insertion, and most all types of assembly processes used for sheet metal parts.
Here is some of what you will need (required):
- Familiar and able to read, interpret 2D/3D mechanical drawings, designs, and specifications.
- Candidate will have a thorough knowledge in various manufacturing processes in Fab sheet metal parts, assemblies, and tooling associated to these manufacturing processes.
- Must have strong understanding of structured Bill Of Material documents
- In-depth understanding on component and tool costing elements and cost calculation methodology for plastic commodities.
- Material knowledge for most all types of flat sheet metal, include its properties and applications.
- Self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- A lean and keen learner, positive attitude.
- Willing to work in night shift if required for business.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Possess a Degree in Mechanical Engineering with min 3 to 5 years relevant work experience, in the sheet metal Industry.
- Proficiency in Product cost management tools like aPriori is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in 3d software like Solid works, Creo, Inventor and Ms office.
Here are a few examples of what you will get for the great work you provide:
- Health Insurance
Global Procurement & Supply ChainFlex pays for all costs associated with the application, interview or offer process, a candidate will not be asked for any payment related to these costs.
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected] . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.