Position – Design/Project Engineer- Proposal Engineering, GECIA
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
We are looking for Proposal Engineers in GECIA to support OFA and MGS Product Companies and Customers Centers team globally.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You are the first point of contact for customer centers / Product Companies and customers for RFQ/ new project requests.
- Be able to evaluate customer/end user RFQ requirements and specifications independently and translate the customer needs to our product portfolio.
- You estimate together with the team the feasibility of a project in all its facets and internally agree whether a project should be handled within which required department.
- To provide technically correct & commercially valid quotations by utilizing the company processes.
- Understand Compressed Air system applications and be able to provide Pre-Calculation, Selection, and sizing of equipment’s correctly.
- To work along with Sales /Customer Centre / Product Company Proposal team for selection of AC make equipment’s and propose complex system design for Compressed Air system applications
- Prepare costing sheet for entire package.
- Lead, organize and coordinate the assigned proposal work during proposal phases.
- Manage multiple proposal request from different customers and sales.
- Be capable to balance and manage cost pressure from customer request and internal execution for tough competition cases and complex projects.
- Arrange/Prepare preliminary P&I diagrams, Plot Plans and other documents required for the supply of customer quotations.
- To prepare bought out item RFQs and evaluate sub-vendor offers and recommend the appropriate vendors.
- Maintain detailed overview of current quotations and closely monitor status, maintain project proposal files and applicable records in common server & Project Management System software.
- When ordering, you ensure a smooth transfer to the Projects/Contracts team.
What you can expect from us?
- A work culture known for respectful interaction, ethical behaviour and integrity.
- Access to Global Job Opportunities as a part of Atlas Copco Group
- Opportunities to grow and develop
- Potential to see your ideas realized and to make an impact
- New challenges and new learnings
What we expect of you?
3 to 8 years’ experience in Proposal engineering preferably in Compressor industries or in Rotating Machinery
University degree in Engineering/Technology (Mechanical / Electrical or Instrumentation)
Fluent in English
- Sound knowledge and experience on Screw & centrifugal compressors – preferred.
- Sound Knowledge of Electrical Equipment drawings (VFD, Control Panel, Distribution Board, Cabling etc) & Instrumentation & Control drawings/documents (PLC, Field instruments, UPS, Communications between Equipment to PLC/DCS, I/O list, JB, cable schedules etc)
- Good Command (Verbal & Written) of English is must.
- Able to read & understand P&ID, GA, Layouts, Installation, System architect etc
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, MS office.
- Strong Technical & commercial knowledge of Engineered rotatory equipment
- Able to work under pressure & plan & organize effectively with the right sense of urgency
- Able to work on multiple projects by giving due importance to each project
- Working knowledge of ASME/API/TEMA/IEC/IS/DIN/ ATEX/CCOE and other international Codes
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Knowledge of pressure vessels and heat exchanger is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Vacuum pump is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of MS Projects is desired
- Pro-active, positive team player with good interpersonal skills, strong in communication and people oriented who thrives on working in a dynamic, complex, and multicultural business environment.
- Technical, commercial, and organizational insight.
- Be able to adapt in a new environment
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Self-motivated, independent, flexible, well organized, and methodical.
- Accurate and diligent with an awareness to speed up execution within a pressurized environment.
- Customer oriented: to be able to establish relations and networks with people inside and outside the organization.
- Result driven: have a drive for results which means that you put in the ambition and the effort to achieve results and accept accountability.
- Analytical and problem-solving thinking skills.
- Willingness to travel within the region and internationally.
- Have a customer centric mindset.
- Creativity: Ability to come up with solutions to exceptional problems outside the box.
- This position is a key interface between customer and company, we are looking for a person with strong personality who can be an active driver.
City – Pune
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.